Wednesday, April 11, 2007

TO HEAL ILLNESS, BEGIN BY RESTORING BALANCE.
Today, find ways to create balance in your life. Cast all negativity in a positive light, and let go of any fears that block the flow of vital energy within your body, mind, and spirit.

Starting Friday at 7am I am starting a 3 day fastpack on the Ohlone 50k course. I am doing the 3 days of 31 miles to test my gear and see how long it takes. It's all training for the PCT. I will spend the 1st night just outside of Del Valle. I will head back to Mission Peak and spend the night at Eagle springs on the 3rd day I will head back to Del Valle where I will finish sometime around 5pm. I might see some of you if your training for the Ohlone 50k. If anyone is interested to spend a night with me out on the trail let me know.

7 comments:

Matt said...

So when do you embark on the PCT? Do you have a schedule of projected miles and stops, or is it just "let's see how far we can go today" ? I'm curious, because to hit a speed record, it seems you'd almost need to be strategic about where you choose to camp, w/respect to water and resupply.

Catra said...

Hi Matt-
Not yet but I will. I have done a few speed records before and you are right you need to have a plan.

Even when when I did my 511 miles throught the Sierra's I had a schedule of where I wanted to be each day.
It's very important to have a plan and a back up plan as well.
Catra

Anonymous said...

3 day fastpac. Does this mean no blogging for 3 days?? Oh No!! What the heck am I going to do. Where will I get my Dirt Diva updates?

Seriously Catra, I hope it all goes well and according to plan.

Aussie

Debbie said...

Hey! Have a great time this weekend. Good advice/homwork today. I've been a little hard on myself lately, so I'm gonna take this to heart. Best wishes, Deb

GB said...

Be careful out there Catra! I know you always are. I'll be hoping for a good training weekend for you from Boston! I'll be running the marathon there on Monday. I hope the weather doesn't suck! I'll think about you when the going gets real rough. If you can run for hours and hours up and down crazy hills, then I have no excuse not to do my best on a road for just 26.2 miles! Have I told you how inspiring you are to other runners?! :)

RunBubbaRun said...

Have a good training run out there. I guess you will not be going to McNaughton to race. It would have been great to meet you out there. But PCT is more important..

christine said...

i wish i could hang with you this weekend...i'm sure i'd learn alot... you be careful out there and get home safe.