Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!
Today I thought often of my Mom. Easter was her favorite holiday. The year she died Easter was on March 31st and that was the actual day of her death. My Mom was very religious, she was Catholic.
She always made me a Easter basket even as an adult. She was the best Mom ever.
Here is something I read at her funeral.

When I must leave you...
When I must leave you
For a little while-
Please do not grieve
And shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow to you
Through the years,
But start out bravely
With gallant smile;
And for my sake
And in my name
Live on and do
All things the same,
Feed not your loneliness
On empty days,
But fill each waking hour
In useful ways,
Reach out your hand
In comfort and in cheer
And in turn will comfort you

And hold you near;

And never, never

Be afraid to die,

For I am waiting in the sky!

I love you Momma Mia..........

6 comments:

christine said...

...fill each hour in useful ways....such a lovely tribute to your momma mia.....my abuela would have agreed. btw...i'm getting my runs in ....still base building....marathon training schedule starts next month.

JeffO said...

WOW, Catra! That was really incredible. You've been holding-out with some talents.
Ever cry from happiness?
Can spirits cry?
I bet your mom is crying with joy at you and that poem.

Catra said...

Hey Jeffo-
I didn't actually write that one. But I did write up another that I read to.
I happend to open a book, and that one was where I opened the book to. So I read it at her funeral since it was meant to be read.
Catra

Gregg Lynn said...

I said a prayer for you today, Catra. God bless you.


g

GB said...

That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks Catra!

Anonymous said...

My mom died suddenly in May 2003; about two months after I had spent nearly 13 months in Iraq. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her....Easter was always one of her favorite days, sunrise service followed by pancakes and easter baskets. Thanks for the poem and sharing your love for your mom.