Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bulldog 50k trail marking crew.Left to right Dave, Catra,Drew, Andy and Willem. We set out around 9:30 to mark the Bulldog 50k course. The course is two 25k loops so we only had to mark 15.5 miles of the course. It was a beautiful night and we all were having fun. The plan was to mark and go back out and run it and check and remark where we needed to again. I was on day 8 of my master cleanse. My energy was ok and I didn't have sleep issues which was good because I was on the cleanse I didn't want to take a no-doz.
Mash site. This is where they you use to film the hit T.V show in the 70's Mash at.
We marked the first loop in 5.5 hours. I decided since I had not been eating and didn't bring enough of my Master Cleanse lemonade not to go back out. I also didn't bring enough extra clothes and the ones I had on were wet, and I was cold. And Rocky was in the SUV so I thought I would sleep with him a few hours and head backwards on the trail in the morning and meet the guys. They really didn't need me. They left a little after 3am. I woke up at 5am to fog and it was cold so I thought forget it, I will sleep longer since I had to drive back to Andy's in the morning. I watched the start of the 50k and shortly after the guys rolled up. Andy had hurt his ankle once again. He is always rolling it. They all looked tired.
We hung out at the half way point to watch the front runners come through.
We came back to the finish area only to find out some asshole was sabotaging the course. He was pulling all the yellow ribbions we had hung. The first aid station saw him with yellow ribbons in his hand and asked what the heck are you doing?? He said you are littering the trail. The aid station people explained it was a race and we had permits. They tried to stop him and he took of running up the trail. He must of been a fast running because someone ran after him and couldn't catch him on the trail. As we were leaving the parks police were heading to try and find him, and ticket him or arrest him if they caught him.
I guess we will find out later today what happened. I really hope no runners got to lost out there.
Poor Andy's ankle is swollen and when I got home I stubbed my little toe. It is swollen and it hurt I'm icing it now.
Chances are no long run on the East side of the Sierras tomorrow. Unless Andy's ankle heals over night.
Check this cool HUGE spider we saw on the trail. It was the biggest one I had ever seen in a web.


*Ultra*Rockstar* said...

some people just dont get it.

on another note I am super excited because we are getting a crossfit here(in Daivs) and we are going to get a memebership. Morgan is in the fire acadamy so he gets in for school, but I am so there.....they will kick my ass THAT ROCKS!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dirt Diva,

please contact me asap.
My names denis and i am doing the

We would love to do a report about your person.

kindest regards

Jon said...

Ow! Hope you both recover! (Honestly, I always thought Andy was immune to injury...ya know, like Wolverine?)

Ev said...

Dear Catra:
I want to let you know that I have posted a link to your site on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!
Ev :)

CoyoteGirl said...

Eeek! That spider, wow. It gives me the eebie jeebies to run through a web first thing in the morning on a trail!

CoyoteGirl said...

Oh, and what a jerk that guy was ripping off the ribbons. I think some people just want to be assess.

CoyoteGirl said...

Oh, and what a jerk that guy was ripping off the ribbons. I think some people just want to be assess.

John said...

big-ass spider. you're one hardcore chick - keep it up!