Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Life is part of death.. I came across this little guy a couple days ago on my run. Just the day before my friend & running partner Mike Palmers mother passed away. I was reminded once again how short our lives can be. It brought back many emotions inside me. My Mother passed away 4 years ago and not a day passes by that I don't miss her.
Sure it gets easier as the days go by, but still it's hard.
Things to remember in life..Always tell the one you love that you love them each and everyday even if you're having issues. Just remember it my be the last time you see that person.

When I must leave you
When I must leave you for a little while-
Please do not grieve
And shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow to you
Through the years,
But start out bravely
With a gallant smile;
And for my sake
And in my name
Live on and do
All the things the same,
Feed not only your loneliness
On empty days,
But fill each waking hour
In useful ways,
Reach out your hand
In comfort and in cheer
And I in return will comfort you
And hold you near;
And never, never
Be afraid to die,
For I am waiting for you in the sky!

This is something I read at my Moms funeral. It's very touching, each time I read it, it makes me cry.
Have a beautiful day
 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Ultra Okie said...

Hi Catra,

That is so sweet and so true. Life is so short and everything can change forever in just an instant. Live each day to the fullest!

Going to try and do my first alcohol free bluegrass festival this weekend!!

Take care,
Steve

Catra said...

Hey Steve-

Thanks! Hey have fun being alcohol free this weekend.
XOXO,
Catra

runrgrrl7 said...

Catra, my hero!
I am learning something from you all the time. I'll try to inspire others as you inspired us!
THANK YOU!

Ofie

Catra said...

Hey Ofie-

You're so sweet. I hope you're doing well. I might be in Yosemite next week. Wed.,Thur. going to run Half Dome and the Glacier point loop down the 4 mile trail. I also want to run the Snow Peak trail from Happy isles to Yosemite falls down to Camp 4. I so miss training in the Valley :(
Catra

Catra said...

Hey SN-

The trail going stright up is fine. If you head onto the Fire road that connects with Horse Heaven it gets muddy. In the winter I still go up even when it's muddy. it's a good work out with all the mud that sticks to my trail runners.
Catra

Jack said...

Beautiful, life really is so short. I was reminded of this at my half-marathon this past weekend - one of the marathon runners collapsed and died on the way. I passed by as the EMT team tried to bring him back. We have to live each day like it's our last!

Catra said...

Hi Jack-

I agree we have to live each day like it's our last.
Catra