Thursday, June 05, 2008

BAILEY CANYON RUN TODAY.
I flew down to SoCal this morning. Andy picked me up and we headed to Bean town for a smoothie. Andy had to work, and I wanted to run the Bailey canyon to Mt. Wilson mini loop.
I headed out and ran the 1.5 mile on the road to the trailhead. I decided today I would count the switchbacks.
The climb is long and pretty steep at times. It has some very long drop offs too. I only saw 3 people and two dogs on the way up to Jones peak. I absolutely love this trail it is very challenging. The trail is quite overgrown in areas.
I was on a mission to climb fast and hard which I did. This is my last long run I have San Diego 100 and just wanted to stretch my legs.
I saw this beautiful yellow flower with a bee on it. A perfect picture ;)
Ok I made it up this this junction(Jones Peak behind me) in 79 min. after counting and climbing the 74 switchbacks, yep 74 freaking switchbacks that's a lot!!!! Awesome work out!!!
My trail in that little line so far away. That's where I was heading to, the Mt. Wilson trail. The trail connector trail sucks very overgrown and lots of stickers that get in your shoes and socks.
Just before I started the down hill I saw a little friend, Mr. Horny Toad. I love these guys they blend in so well you hardly notice them.

On my way down the Wilson trail I stopped and talked with a guy doing trail work. The Mt. Wilson trail will be this Saturday. They are getting the trail ready for the runners. Everyone I passed asked are you running the Mt. Wilson race??? I shocked them by answering them back no I'm running a 100 mile trail race Saturday. I just continued running down the trail leaving them confused and probably with more questions but I was on a Mission to finish in under 3 hours.
I did 2:25. I feel ready to run San Diego 100 now.

I will be running with Andy so send us positive vibes. It's going to be fun.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

7 comments:

*Ultra*Rockstar* said...

Rock on this weekend! I wish you best of luck but know you two will kick some SD100 ass!

Michelle

Dr. Marc and Tanya said...

Catra,
See Ya this weekend!
Marc and Tanya

Judi said...

YEA! I am totally psyched for you. I will think very good thoughts for you guys on Sat and thru out the day - you will do awesome.

Catra - I did too many squats and quad press yesterday, can hardly walk today. YOW. Back to back sets on the smith machine - 4 sets total and 2 sets of quads.

Olga said...

Have fun running SD with your love!

Leslie said...

Yet another 100...your stamina and recovery never cease to amaze!! Warmer weather is finally arriving here, time to get out and explore further and further!! woooot!

Enjoy a great adventure this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog -- you are funny, colorful and TRUE. Also love your photos. What kind of camera do you use? The close-ups are very sharp.

Anyway, keep smiling and inspiring those around you.

Brad Niess said...

Congrats on a good finish at SD100!

See you at Bighorn. Let me know if you are still interested in sharing a room in Sheridan.