Thursday, October 23, 2008

Please send me positive vibes this weekend and please shoot me an email during the run to keep me motivated. You can send the emails to http://www.pctrailruns.com/SF1Day_Webcast.htm
Or go to the website pacific coast trail runs. They will have the life web-cast. They will be handing out the emails as we go by.
Thanks friends.


Last training session for the SF 1 Day. 4 x 400m with 2 min. rest in
between rounds. I am no speed demon that's for sure. After the run I did Tabata abs 20 seconds on 10 seconds off 8 rounds. Here is the break down for my run 1:58,1:50, 1:45,1:41



Good luck to all the runners and a big thanks in advance for all our friends and families who will help us and cheer us on.

Don’t overload yourself with any more thinking. This is more a time of resting before action takes place. Intellectual reasoning only leads to frustration or leads you away from the direction you should be taking. As this is a re-orientation period take time to evaluate your goals, they may not be the same goals that you started with. Trust your feelings more, future success is at hand.
© Stephen Haynes

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

*gives you postive vibes*

lol! good luck girl! i know you can do it ;)

Love You,
Whitney

GGC said...

I will be thinking about you all weekend!!!!

GGC said...

I just wanted to add that today I to run 40 and I am so not where I wanted to be in life. I wish I could be like you and grab the world and just live it. I love your blog and I read it daily but I just wish I could understand how you got to be the way you are. You are a specail person

Jen's Gym at Crossfit Watertown, CT said...

I'm sooo happy for you Carta! You know I mean that! Thanks for the email a few weeks ago! I'm still work on things.
Jen

Steve Ansell said...

I'd send you positive vibes, but since I am running the 12hr this weekend, I'll just hand deliver them :-). See you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

+++vibes+++, catra! and have fun!

jb said...

Hey Catra, good luck this weekend! I will be doing my first 50k and am keeping your latest quote in my pocket to calm me down between now and then. I'll send you good vibes tomorrow, and then you send good vibes on Sunday to a dorky, artsy, moody, silly outdoorsy bookworm who never thought she could run 32 miles :)

Catra said...

JB-
You got it girlie. I will send you vibes as well. You can do it and you will. I will be thinking of you Sunday.
Ok so you're a dorky, artsy, moody, silly outdoorsy bookworm who never thought she could run 32 miles :)

Well I'm a X- party girl, Drug addict alcoholic (clean & sober 14 years) x-anorexic , Goth, Punk rocker club girl who hated running around the track in high school which btw I could never make it around once....Turned Clean & sober and became a vegan and started to run and run and run...And ran my first ultra and 100 miler knowing nothing about the sport or anyone to look up to.
I am still a punk rock girl who loves tattoos and piercings and loves goth music and dancing in clubs. I am a crossfit Junkie and Ultrarunning addict. What more can I say but...You can do anything you want in life.
You will be an Ultrarunner after your race on Sunday.
Make yourself proud.
XOXO,
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Jenn-
You are looking hot as ever. I am inspired by woman like you at crossfit to become stronger.
XOXO,
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Steve thanks.