Monday, October 20, 2008

I am thankful for all my friends, and wonderful people who touch my soul everyday.
Crossfit was tough today I have done a WOD almost everyday for 19 days only taking one day off. I think my body needs a little break. Tomorrow will be my last WOD before SF 1 day. I will just do short runs. Need to go into this race rested.
WOD "DUMB FACE"
21-15-9
Dumb bell squat clean & jerk
Pull ups.
For time
Jumping pull-ups for me and 15 pound weights
time:9:37
Sunrise after my Yosemite run.
Sunrise. Did I tell you how lucky I am to see such beauty!
Me on the way home from Yosemite picking out a pumpkin to use as wall ball at crossfit ;)
Alameda creek yesterday

I’m sure you have heard the expression, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’. How true that is right now so do not judge conditions by their appearance. New opportunities, new possibilities, or possibly a second chance, are just around the corner. All things are cyclical and evolutionary, just like the caterpillar turns to a chrysalis, so the chrysalis becomes the butterfly - each serving its purpose, each part of the other, so understand our own lives also operate in this evolutionary or metamorphic way. Keep an open mind and the truth will be clear, you will be shown the way.

8 comments:

Tom said...

new day new sunrise, love your pictures, how bless we are

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra,

You're looking lean and mean and terrific as always! Have you changed something in your diet or workouts? Hope to meet you at OneWorld some day.

A big fan. :)

Jo Lynn said...

I think I'm gonna like that new hair color.

Catra said...

Hey Anon-
I am back to eating a Zone diet. I am trying to eat 6 meals a day and I am doing lot's of crossfit and running.

I'm also a lot happier these days.
I do my one cheat day a week or if I'm racing.

Do you workout there?

Thanks for the sweet post made me feel good.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Jo Lynn-
Thanks..It's the same color I always do but it fades fast. Somehow though it always looks a little different.
XOXO,
Catra

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, my friend, Bel, has been trying to get me to into crossfit at OneWorld saying I would LOVE it. I have run out of excuses and am ready to bite the bullet!

I found your blog when I was surfing the net looking for info about running Alameda Creek Trail.

Sara

Anonymous said...

Do you have a schedule of your upcoming races and what part of cali do you live in.

Unknown said...

Now I know why I am visiting Yosemite in May. That sky is incredible.
You are so lucky to live so close.