Saturday, October 04, 2008

There's no place like home!This is home. we all have our favorite places to run and mine is Mission Peak a 10 min. drive from my house. Today was overcast with brief periods of sun. It was windy and cold. How I love the changing weather. It makes me feel so alive.
Fall is here the leaves are changing and so is the weather. I feel so alive this time of year knowing I had a great season of running hundreds with just a couple more hundreds to go.
I feel alive and so full of life. Funny that I say that, a friend told me just the other day that's what they loved about me most, I was full of life. Thanks for taking notice.
Friends are so important they are a big part of life. I love my old friends and love meeting new ones. They have so much to teach me and I have so much to teach them.
Mike Palmer was a great mentor and teacher in my life. He showed me the way, he knew all about WST 100 and AC 100. He created a monster in me when he took me on as his student back in April of 2000. Thanks Mike for showing me the way.

I love Mission Peak it is my little place I visit most everyday. Thanks for teaching me how to run up and down.
The top is always the best place to be so much work to get there yet so rewarding.
Tomorrow I will play on Mount Diablo until then enjoy life!

Don’t try to weigh things up or make a hasty judgement, the time is not right. Things haven’t yet had time to establish themselves so judging them too soon would be a waste of time and energy. Let things and situations have space and time to evolve. Let tomorrow take care of itself. Problems or obstacles that have been in your way will either resolve or dissolve as time goes by. This would be a great time to do a kindness or a charitable deed for someone less fortunate than you. This will be energetically replaced with a valuable piece of information.
© Stephen Haynes

3 comments:

JeffO said...

The first and last photos are great!
I once took a photo of a reservoir in winter and gave it to my company newspaper editor. He saw the bike path doing a little "S" in the forground and told me that's the mark of a great photographer. Somehow the "S" gives it a certain artistic flare. I just did it by accident, but it was a nice lesson.
So your first photo has that little "S"!
That's really cool on top with the bottom of the cloud right on your head and the sun shining below. That's contrast!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat',

How are you?
Mission peak is still in my head....beautiful place
i remember all the tracks ...with cows, with mud, with your favorite Tree, with 2 butterflys (your remember that??)
Did you receive my baby card? i hope yes!!!
can't wait to read you

love
ju

Julianne said...

Wow, those are some great photos on the Mission Peak!