Thursday, October 30, 2008


The individual epitomizes the Universe.
Where exactly does your influence on life end? You'll never know the full power or consequences of your actions and choices.
Enhance the whole of life today through your actions.

WOD 10/30/2008

Complete 5 rounds for time of:
  • 7 push jerk (M:135#/W:95#)
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 25 Abmat sit-ups
  • My time 11:41 #40 and then 2k row 11:41
PUSH JERK- http://www.hyperstrike.com/Push-Jerk-Exercise-1159.aspx
A great link and video to see the movement of the Push Jerk.

Description

  • Start with the barbell in the rack position.
  • Dip down with your legs, keeping your chest up.
  • Drive with your legs.
  • Push your body under the bar with your arms and catch it in a partial squat.
  • Stand up, keeping the bar overhead.

ProTip

  • Catch the bar with strong arms and a tight stomach.

Mistakes

  • Falling forward when you dip.
  • Catching the bar too far forward or back.
  • Letting your hips go forward.
I'm heading to SoCal alte today I will be hanging out with Carl this weekend at the Crossfit endurance cert. CrossFit Running And Endurance Certification-November 1 and 2, 2008
at Crossfit Laguna beach should be fun.
But of course we will be having doing some WODs together and some climbing at the climbing gym and running.

6 comments:

CoyoteGirl said...

Good stuff! Happy Halloween BTW!

I'm starting to do the Crossfit WODs now too. I really dig the theories behind Crossfit, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I like the idea of getting a lot of results for short hard efforts since I'm not exactly made out of time, ya know? :)

Have a GREAT weekend and enjoy yourself in SoCal with Carl.

Smilin-buddha said...

How about some Diet tips. Love the video

Tom said...

great abs

Steve Stenzel said...

That push jerk looks like fun!

Jonesman said...

Catra,
I'm part of the WMRC here in Phoenix and run a lot with Honey (who costumed as you). I ran Big Horn this summer as my first 100 and as usual made a movie. It's kinda personal so I shared it with just my closest running partners. One of them told me I should share it so now I made it public. I'm linking you to it because you there is a lot of footage of you in the begining as I was running behind you.

http://vimeo.com/2113292

Enjoy
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm 13 years old and I was wondering if you dress like you do everyday, or if you just do it for pictures? What I mean is, I always see your stomach showing, do you ever cover it?