Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Best friend!!!

What is a best friend?? A best friend to me is someone I can always count on, to tell them anything . They keep secrets when I share and they are there in times of hardship and depression. They cheer me up when I'm down make me laugh when I wanna cry. Help to see things I can't see in myself. Help me to push when I don't want to.

My best friend will say yes, when I say run with me 31 miles tomorrow. my best friend will say yes when it's 6pm on a cold and stormy winter night when there is high peak wind advisory , will you run with me? She says yes. When I ask her lets run 100 miles for fun on the Ohlone when the trail is closed for fire danger..OOPs and our plan changes, and we still manage 100 miles by driving to Diablo to finish our last 80 miles to finish 100 miles.

I love my best friend because she's just like me, crazy.
My best friend Julia Bramer looking smoking hot after our WOD today.
The bad ass trainers of Re-active crossfit Pleasonton.

WOD
20 min as many rounds:
10 hang squat snatch cleans
10 pus ups
220 m run
9 rounds =HS + 4 push ups.

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there. "

10 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey Catra-

I did the "Twenty One" workout that you wrote about a few posts back. I did it after my intervals and stair workout at the track today. I LOVED IT (but it killed me!).

Frankly, when I first saw your time, I thought, "Oh, I think I can do it in about 10 minutes..." Man, I'm a naive prick! It rocked me hard in 16:54.

This off-season, I hope to do more Crossfit-style workouts, and some Kettlebell work too.

I think I'm going to write a post about my Twenty One workout tomorrow or Monday morning. I was wondering if I could post a photo or 2 of you from your blog to show "what Crossfit can do to a body!" If you don't mind, I'd love to do that. Would that be OK?

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thats what friends are for!! Love it! Good luck tomorrow! you will do GREAT! I'm cheering you on from One World!!! I'll be thinking of you!

Jessi said...

I was so moved by this post I called my closest girlfriends to thank them for all the support (and trouble:-) ) they've given me.

I've been reading your blog for awhile, so I've seen pics of Julia over the years, and I have to say, she looks FANTASTIC!!! Her entire body shape looks different/awesome! Go Julia!!!

Catra said...

Hey Steve-
Awesome job dude. Of course you can use any pictures you want.

Crossfit is awesome glad you like it.
Catra

Anonymous said...

Catra,
I've been reading your blog for quite some time now. Thanks for the inspiring words and sexy sexy pics! I've been running for almost a year now also, thanks to you. I've got a question about Crossfit, my wife and I want to get into it but there isn't a crossfit gym in our town. How would you suggest getting started? The WOD's that we've found on the iterweb all seem to be in some cryptic code....
~E

mrjwhit~ said...

I checked out my first CF gym and workout today. Wow! Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Steve Stenzel said...

In an hour or so, I'll be posting my thoughts on your "Twenty One" workout. Thought you might want to take a look...

Have a good week!!

Ms. V. said...

I'm going to try the 21 too...I just read Steve's blog, and it was inspirational!!!

Your blog and bod is amazing, and great for writing about friends.

I'm sober 29.5 years, and am turning 50 in February! Rock on sister...So glad to have found this blog!!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from Steve. You have inspired me to try out some of your crossfit-style workouts.

Anonymous said...

Catra-
Thanks for stopping by Crossfit Pleasanton. I just found this post on Google. I'll figure out how this technology stuff works one of these days... I posted an interview of Julia on my youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T41s4DJmjZc&feature=channel_page

Your blog is awsome. -Paul