Sunday, November 30, 2008


Friendliness, compassion, and delight cultivate a calm mind.
5k run after crossfit.
Practice the healing power of a compassionate mind. Open your heart to other people without judgment, and radiate the message of delight at having them in your life.

I did the Tabata workout today and a 5k run. I must say this is the best I have ever felt after running 11 Quad. dipsea's. I believe it has to do with my running the Pose method. I have been practicing it for 7 months but it has been hard to stay in Pose during 50 mile and 100 mile trail race's. Since this was a shorter race my form never got sloppy and I continued staying in Pose the whole race. I have only recently become good at running down hill with Pose so the last 7 miles I was able to run down hill fast.
I ran a 5k on the Alameda creek trail and finished in under 30 min. wasn't trying to run super hard but felt great. If I had more time I would of run longer.
Yesterday I did a recovery wod when I got home from Dipsea. It was 3 rounds not for time of: 15-push-ups, squats, abmat sit-ups, dumbell swings and handstand push ups.
I believe doing this after helped in my recovery.


WOD 11/30/2008


Do a tabata of each of the following exercises. Your score for each of the exercises is the lowest number of reps you get in any one round. Add your total for all four exercises.
  • Lunge steps
  • Abmat sit-ups
  • Push-ups
  • Sumo deadlift high pull (M:65#/W:45#)

If bars availability becomes an issue, the SDHP can be done with a kettlebell or a dumbbell.

My total 36

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Wowzie, do you ever take a break?

Nice work on your race. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra-
Those quotes that you write on your blog-- today's quote hit the nail on the head. Warmth and kindness radiate from your heart and this wonderful energy pours out of you! So great to meet you today. Not sure about class tomorrow, my daughter came down with the flu but hope to see you soon!

Sara

leslie said...

Great job on the Tabata everything!

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the CIM expo.

I have a question for you. Do you eat soy? I read that there's a link between soy and belly fat. I've gotten fluffier than I'd like in the last 6 months, but I thought it was my age (almost 48) or too many candy bars. While both might be the case, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, if you can take the time...

With appreciation,
leslie

Catra said...

Hi Leslie-
The only soy products I use is Tofu and plane tofu.
I stay away from all other soy products. I have a lot of stomach issues and didn't eat any soy for 14 years. I just added tofu last year and it works for me so can get more protein in my diet. I try to eat a zone diet so that's why I tried adding the tofu which works.
If you eat a lot of carbs. that will make you puffy. I avoid high carbs. I try and stay balanced.
I don't eat wheat because I have an intolerance to it. I think most people eat to much wheat and that can cause problems. Watch your carbs. and you will lose weight eating more balanced. See you at CIM.
XOXO,
Catra

Catra said...

Shannon-LOL!!! I guess I really don't I just always feel like I need to be moving my body.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Sara-
I will be at crossfit tomorrow at 5pm going to run 20 so will rest in between crossfit.
Catra