Friday, November 16, 2007

TOMORROWS RUN; 26 mile loop around Hetch Hetchy.

I'm feeling ok after all the dental work in the past two days. The left side of my face is a little puffy. The dentest that did the 3 root canals said if it did get really swollen he would have to go in and cut the infection out.OUCH!!! He said he got out most of the infection, which is good. I just think it's swollen because I had so much done in two days.
So this is where me and FJ will run tomorrow. We will head out early and drive home that night. If anyone doesn't have plans for Turkey day and wants to join me in Yosemite Valley I will be heading out Wed. around 3pm and leaving Friday 5pm to come home.
My plan is to run Half Dome Thursday & The Glacier point loop(5 mile trail, Panarama, JMT to happy isles back to camp 4). Let me know if you want to join me.
John Muir Quotes: "Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. "

3 comments:

JeffO said...

Amen to Mr. Muir. One of the first books I ever read was a John Muir book for kids. I can't remember the name of it. I was 6.

I love solo camping a few times a year. I know they say you shouldn't go solo, but I do, and sometimes in winter blizzards. The odd thing is, even when the wind is howling, it's extremely peaceful to my soul. The wind is nature hugging me and the sound of wind howling through the trees and rocks gives nature its voice. With no one but myself, there are no human distractions. It's times like that when I stop thinking with words in my head and start thinking with my soul.

Have fun, Catra.

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya. Past indiscretions left me with some much needed, painful,and expensive dental work. Best wishes.
UP

jes said...

I love your blog. Thanks for all the inspiration you've given me!