Sunday, November 25, 2007

My 10th year running Quad. dipsea................
I must really love this race, seeing I have run it 10 years in a row. I remember my brother Jay dropping me off for my first race at Quad. I just remember thinking it was a tough race. I had already run some 50ks and 50 milers and this was only 28 miles. During that first race I was just hoping I'd get through it without injuring myself. I remember falling a couple times. I really fell in love with the beauty and tuffness of this course. Maybe that's why I keep coming back.
I can tell you, I have become a much stronger runner since my first Quad. And I am no longer sore like I use be after the race.
I had a blast yesterday ,and it was great sharing my 10th finish with my close friends.
Crossfit one world members Julia Bramer, Jerry Roninger(FJ) and Catra Corbett. We all agree crossfit has made us all stronger Ultrarunners.
FYI J.B & FJ both ran PR's.
"All roads lead to Rome! Or in other words all paths lead to the same place. But before those paths lead us to anywhere we have to stop thinking about it and get on with it. This is a time of action and movement. Don’t worry if you make a mistake, we’re not perfect. If you realise you’ve made a mistake then make another choice and get back to the right path. Revamp objectives and approach life from another perspective. © Stephen Haynes"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi catra,

great seeing you at quad dipsea yesterday and even better seeing you awarded for the 10th finish! congrats! hope the quads are feeling well. :)

cheers!

hao

Olga said...

Man, I gotta make my way there! better yet, move to CA and use all the races around - love to explore, but do love OR too much:)

Catra said...

Hey Hao-
It was great seeing you so many times. You looked strong every time I saw you.
My Quads. are fine. The past few years I have no pain after this race. HMMM...Maybe I should run faster ;)
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Olga-
Girl you gotta make your way out here to do more race's and I needed to do the same thing and come to your beautiful state to run. After being on the PCT this year, I really fell in love with Oregon.
Hey maybe if I move there I will become faster. Seems like all the fast people live in Oregon.
Catra

Anonymous said...

Catra you looked awesome Saturday at the Quad and congrats for the 10th year milestone. I cannot wait till I get my 10th, only four more to go! (What no picture of the well earned 10 year Quad jacket?)