Saturday, November 24, 2007

There's no place i'd rather be on Thanksgiving.
I love spending Thanksgiving alone in Yosemite. In the last 5 years I have spent 4 of them in Yosemite Valley. I love running up Half Dome on Thanksgiving and giving thanks.
I meet so many interesting people everytime I camp out in Camp 4. There were alot more people this year than last year. It was very cold when I woke up in my tent on Thursday morning. It was in the 20's I had to drive over to Yosemite Village parking lot to change because that is where the sun was shinning. Once I got going I still never got warm it was maybe 40ish On Half Dome.

Me at the base of the cables. I didn't go up because I forgot my gloves. Also I told myself I wouldn't go up if other people weren't around. It was very windy and cold at the base and the top would of been worse.
Quick picture and I was out of there burrrrrr.

"Don’t try to weigh things up or make a hasty judgement, the time is not right. Things haven’t yet had time to establish themselves so judging them too soon would be a waste of time and energy. Let things and situations have space and time to evolve. Let tomorrow take care of itself. Problems or obstacles that have been in your way will either resolve or dissolve as time goes by. This would be a great time to do a kindness or a charitable deed for someone less fortunate than you. This will be energetically replaced with a valuable piece of information. © Stephen Haynes"

2 comments:

~nattie~ said...

i can understand your fascination with yosemite national park. i am from brazil and moved to california back in 2000. yosemite was my first road trip ever in the usa, and i was stunned by its beauty. since then i've come back a couple of times and been on three road trips with my husband that lasted about a month each. including two cross-country ny to ca and ca to canada. i could feel the different "personalities" of each place. it's really wonderful that you can travel so much.

Stuart said...

Great photos, you can really see the winter "snap" in the air! I'm very jealous of that clean, cold air, we're suffering from the taste of the wildfires!