Thursday, November 15, 2007

Teeth...We should always take care of them.
I have been really bad about taking care of mine the last couple of years. The reason. I did not like my dentist. Saturday one of my back teeth cracked out. So I needed to go to the dentist. I called and changed mine. Went in yesterday and I have a epic going on inside my mouth. From the outside they look lovely but on the inside it's a nightmare. I had 3 root canals yesterday and today 2 crown build ups and an extraction. I go back in 2 weeks where they will decide when they can start work on a bridge. That's what I get for not taking care of them. But now I am and that's the important thing. Lesson learned. Have a great day.



"All is evolution, all is cyclical, therefore endings lead to new beginnings. You cannot begin without an end. If you cannot let go of the past then the past constantly recreates itself. Look now to the future and the paths to your goals will again become clear. Obstacles or limitations will be surmounted and lost or forgotten opportunities will again be presented. Success is now within your grasp but realise that to maximise that success new ways, or new methods, could make life so much easier. © Stephen Haynes"

4 comments:

JeffO said...

I did the same thing, but I've changed dentists and the past two years have been good.

But at first it was very rough. Two teeth had cracks. One absessed but I didn't know it. The crack was so tiny the dentist (x-rays) couldn't see it. Somehow I didn't feel it at all as the infection spread throughout my lower jawbone. After a checkup, the absess suddenly went into hyperdrive and almost killed me. So I assumed the dentist gave me the infection.
It took a few months to figure it out. My blood pressure had been high for a year before I ever met the dentist. After oral surgery saved my life from blood poisoning, my blood pressure went back to normal.
If I was the type to jump to conclusions and sue people, I would have sued. Now I'm so glad I'm not like that. He's a great dentist.
All my pre-existing problems are now fixed. Because I drink and eat so much sport drink and gels, I have regular checkups.

Alan said...

Catra:

We've just barely met (I saw you a LOT at last year's SF One Day and as we passed each other at Tahoe Rim 100 I mentioned that I liked your story in Running through the Wall). Anyway, your blog is fantastic - especially the photography and your personal stories. What is your next race? Hope the teeth/gums heel quick.

Alan
http://endurazone.blogspot.com/

rockhoundkathy said...

Hi Catra, I'm so glad you went to the dentist it's scary but so important !! I bet your bladder infections won't come back, you'll be so ready for the PCT next year !!( Wayne had a root canal today, we have a friend who is an oral surgeon that we really trust.)The health of your teeth and gums affect your overall health in a big way--very important if we redline it with running or when you thru-hike for days on end. I love your blog Catra if it were a book I bet you would sell lots of copies, seriously because you're always telling a real-life story and the pictures tell stories too. Anyway my next race is HURT and then I'm not sure whats next. Take care, Kathy

Snakebite said...

Big bummer on the chompers. Hope all turns out well.