Monday, November 05, 2007

I SEE BEAUTY EVERYDAY ON MY RUN.............
Look how lucky I was today. I met a little friend his name is Perry, I belive he is a young Peregrine Falcon. He was a little cutie. I looked in my bird book and he looks the closest to a Peregrin. I have seen adult ones before but never a young one.
I think he thought I was his Mom he followed me for a quite some time. Maybe it was my hair bouncing around. Life is good.
Handsome little man posing for me.
Running strong on a hot day. I think I'm getting my running legs back..WOO HOO!
This my best side don't you agree????
This is my best cheesecake pose on a rock...LOL.....
"All roads lead to Rome! Or in other words all paths lead to the same place. But before those paths lead us to anywhere we have to stop thinking about it and get on with it. This is a time of action and movement. Don’t worry if you make a mistake, we’re not perfect. If you realise you’ve made a mistake then make another choice and get back to the right path. Revamp objectives and approach life from another perspective. © Stephen Haynes"

13 comments:

Shari Baby said...

LOL! You're cute.....how do you run AND pose for these pics ? Good to see you getting back to health and happiness. Take care

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra, good work tearing up Mission Peak! That's funny about people on the trail looking at you with a "what on earth is she up to" look on their faces! I remember you mentioning the same thing happening while you scrambled up half-dome without using the cables. Funny!

Jay.

p.s. Every side is your "good side"! ;)

Steve Ansell said...

Right there is why I have to start running with a camera! Awesome shot. It was great seeing you and running a couple of loops this past weekend at your 12-hour!

Anonymous said...

Catra,

I'm not from the west coast, but around here in Ohio, that would be a kestrel, not a young peregrine. But they are still great shots.

Catra said...

Hey Anon-
I thought that too. But the beak curves down. The American Kestrel beak dosen't curve down like that.
He really looks like a combo of both. Let's just call him the Falcon Kestrel..LOL..
I will google and see what a young one looks like.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Steve thanks for coming out. Hopefully you can come out for my 43 hour B-day run December 21-22.
You should carry your camera. Surprised you don't
Catra

Anonymous said...

Pretty certain this is an adult male Kestrel (Sparrow Hawk). The brownish cap, shoulders, and chest; the black marks below the eye & ear; the black spots on chest & wings; & the size identify it. A young falcon has stripes rather than spots, a distinctive black mustache & much darker chest. He is a beauty - terrific pictures!

Catra said...

Hey Jay-
Thanks for the comment.
Have a great day.
Catra

Catra said...

Hi Shari-
It's all about the selftimer sista..LOL
I hit the button and run down 7 seconds and run fast up hill. Oh yeah and I do get lucky that I get it on the first take. Try it sometime.
Thanks for the comments.
The hardest part of being off on my adventure was my upper body got week. I'm getting it back slowly at crossfit..And that's just where I'm headed 5pm class.
I hope all is well in your world.
Catra

Catra said...

ielala-
Thanks for the info. I did notice no bands on the leg like Peregrine has. That's why I thought he was a young one. Most likely your right. he is a beauty!
Catra

Anonymous said...

What a cool sighting.

Sunday I saw a yellow-tailed hawk on the Dipsea; I've seen tons of red-tails but never a yellow tail. He buzzed me pretty good as I think my crashing down the trail scared up his lunch.

Anonymous said...

BTW - I should have mentioned that the kestrel is in the falcon genus, Falco so it's closely related to the peregrine falcon. So you were close :-)

HEH said...

Wonderful pictures of the Kestrel!
Wow, how close you were!