Wednesday, November 16, 2011

JAVELINA JUNDRED 26:20
What an awesome race so well organized the Coury brothers know how to put on one hell of a party.
I was shooting for sub 24 but you know how that goes in a hundred. The planets all have to line up and well they did for a while but after 46 miles they decided to separate. I got the starting of a bladder infection at 46 miles I was peeing blood so decide in order to stay in the game I would have to walk a lot to clear in up and drink,, drink, drink. I did have cranberry juice at headquarters so knew I would be good once I made it back there.
The weather was a little warm on laps 2 & 3 and against my better judgement I only ran with one bottle, stupid girl ;-( I should know better since I get dehydrated very easy and of course get bladder infections because of it. I was able to clear it up and I knew it was going to cool down at night.

It started raining like they said at 12am and luckily I had a rain poncho that I put on. I never needed my gortex I was fine with a long sleeve light shell and rain poncho. I knew going into lap 5 that I would get my pacer Clifton when I returned.
I met up with him just after midnight I was a couple hours slower than I wanted to be but knew we would have fun.
We took off after a shoe change and food. Of course we headed out in a down pour but laughed and chatted the whole way. A good friend is important to have out in the late hours of a hundred.
I was a wibble wobble trying to stay awake. I saw George toilet man who gave some caffeine gum and that helped. Clifton gave me a 5 hour energy and I was good. Non stop talking.
I really had a blast watching all my friends through out the day and night. You do washing machine loops so you get to keep seeing people to cheer on.
I was most impressed with my boyfriend Andy Kumeda who of course killed it in a time of 19:16 if only my little legs could move that fast.
I will be back going for #5 next year. I finished my 79 th hundred to date at JJ ;-)
Looking forward to running # 80 during my birthday run next month. Congrats to everyone.
I would like to also thank Hoka one one for making a shoe that my feet love ;-)))

4 comments:

Missy B. said...

79?!? incredible. have fun with #80 (i'm sure you will!) i just finished my 1st 100 this year and am looking forward to more... but i don't think i will ever catch up to you!!! and i agree on the Hoka One Ones. best shoe ever!

Snakebite said...

Catra - is there any outfit you don't look super hot in? Wow!

Jay said...

Hey Catra, 79 100 mile runs is amazing. Congrats and happy trails!

Lauren said...

79 100 milers! You are amazing. Love the outfit.