Thursday, January 07, 2010

SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY.............
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.
Arthur Ashe
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY...............
I was in Socal with Rocky and Andy we spent New years eve at Lucky's with Vinne, Cara and two other friends.
New years day Andy, Rocky and I went to the Rose bowl parade. that was so fun I have watched many times on T.V as a little girl but always wanted to go so I finally got to.
Andy came down with the flu that day so was out of it for the next 4 days.
I was fine , I went on a long run Monday but that night it hit me hard. I threw up a few times throughout the night.
I slept most of Tuesday and decided not to drive back Wed. morning because I was still sick. I slept a few hours yesterday afternoon. I felt well enough to make the drive back home this morning. I still can't eat any solid foods but am feeling better.

We are just lucky we were sick now instead of next week at HURT 100.
I hope everyone had an awesome New Years eve.
I have taken 2 weeks off from my crossfit gym and was going to go back this week but since I was sick I will do my wods from home and start working out with my group at unlimited again after HURT.
The thing I love most about crossfit is if you have the right equipment you can do it at home or you can pretty much do a crossfit wod anywhere. Even when I don't go to the gym I still try to do 3 wods a week.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hello Catra -

Been poking through your blog for a few weeks now and every time I read your posts I realize more and more how amazing you are.

I love your zest and appreciation for life and how you've turned it completely around for yourself - finding your joy in the run.

I find my joy in the run, too, and I'm not anywhere near your level, but after many years of coming and going from the "running world", of hemming and hawing, and procrastination, I have finally decided to tackle the marathon this year. And I really hope that in the next few years I might be able to push even further.

Thank you for your inspiration and I'm looking forward to what you have to say! ;-)

Angela and Jen said...

Hope you feel better soon, sweetie. Jen