Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Running in between storms.
It was windy and rained a bit last night. I was lucky to get out before the next storm.
Enjoy your run today.
ZEN CARD......FORGIVENESS
fORGIVE\YOURSELF AND EVERYONE
AROUND YOU. WHEN YOU
JUDGE OTHERS, YOU
ARE THE ONE WHO FEELS
PAIN. THROUGH
FORGIVENESS. ALL PAIN
DISAPPEEARS.

There are a couple people who are close to me in my life right now. I hope they read and get this you guys need to move forward.
I think we can all be reminded of this zen card from time to time.
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cold and/or wet does it have to be before you run in pants? I am guessing those are some lightweight rain/windpants you have tied around your waist? do you get sweaty wearing that lightweight raintop? just asking, because I can't seem to find the right stuff to wear when it gets into the 30's-40's and it is raining. one on hand you burn up on the other you get hypothermia!

Catra said...

Hi Anon-
I only where pants a couple times a year. 1 at Wasatch 100 in Utah. It gets cold at night.
And fleece pants during my b-day run 42 hours.
I have rain pants but never wear them.
I feel as long as my upper body is warm I'm good. I always run in a skirt.
I just have a thing against things on my legs.
Catra

That around my waist is my Patagonia spray master rain jacket.

Anonymous said...

thanks! What does "cold" mean to you temperature-wise? For me, I can tolerate wearing shorts down to about 32F depending on how windy it is...

Catra said...

Hey Anon-
Well I was running in a skirt at Mother road 100 in Oaklahoma last month and it waS 25 DEGREES.

If it's windy and rainy 25 degrees would be cold.
I'm good for 30 degrees anything below feels cold to me.
i really don't worry to much living in California. if it's that cold in the morning it will warm up, right??
Catra

Anonymous said...

So true!!!!