Monday, October 22, 2007

Day #8 of the Master cleanse............
I'm on my 8th day of the master cleanse and I'm feeling really good. I'm excited to get back on track and eating 100% Raw. Yes, it's a challenge when I'm running Ultra's but I just have to make sure I do drop bags at aid stations. I'm going to work on making a raw energy gel with Agave nectar.
My face is looking much better, my neck is still very itchy and red. My doctor said it can stay that way for 4 months. It hasn't even been a month so I'm healing fast.
It's a beautiful day, I love these warm fall days. I'm going to see Into the wild in a few hours. I read the book and loved it, so we'll see how the move is.
Enjoy the Wisdom card it's a good one today.


"Change, disruption or obstacles could be the order of the day! There is a reason for each of these occurrences but in general it can be said that the way in which you are doing things, or viewing things, has to change. Very often the universe takes a hand and helps you by clearing away the debris of the old, but be assured that what is right, essential or just plain needed, will remain in place. In all cases be calm in the face of these unexpected events and just know that everything is going to be all right. © Stephen Haynes"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catra,
Yes, for today perfect wisdom card for me too, thank you !

How has the master program been while doing your running? Like this past/latest post of your MIssion Peak run, did you have enough energy while putting in the miles and being on the MC at the same time? Just curious.

Have you ever done an ultra while beiung 100% raw? Know any other ultra folks that are 100% raw?

Thank you for continued inspiration.
positive vibes,
scott

The Mayor said...

ALOHA!
do you do honey?? Or Bee Pollen. I make a Gu with honey, bee pollen and maca root!! Curious to know what kind of foods you do on the ultras. JJ100 this weekend. Could you email me?? rawfoodfrank118@yahoo.com
Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Your neck might not be completely healed yet, but your face sure looks good!

Tonya

Steve Ansell said...

Cool that everything is healing up fine. Let us know how the movie is. I read that book some time ago and always wondered how it would translate onto the screen.

E-Speed said...

Your skin looks great. So glad you are a fast healer!

Norbert Leinfellner said...

How does the cleanse work, Catra?
Can you give us the recipe?
Thanks
Norbert

Catra said...

Hi Scott-
I usually don't have a problem running while on the cleanse. Today I was a bit tired but it's because of crossfit & it was hot.
The book is awesome if you plan to ever do it you have to get the book.
I was 100% raw for 6 months and ran lots of Ultras during that time. I ran 2 100's too. My fastest 100 mile time was on a 100% raw diet.
A couple of my friends are and they have run some ultras.
It takes a lot of planning and making drop bags.
Catra

Catra said...

Hi Mayor-
I'm vegan so no I do not do bee pollen or honey.
I'm going to make my gel with agave nectar, raw coco powder, maca & bananna.
I will email you tonight or tomorrow. Or better yet email me so I don't forget catrarunner@yahoo.com
Catra

Catra said...

Hi Tonya-
Great to hear from you I hope you and your family are well.
Thanks so much for the comment.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Steve the movie was great. I just loved how Christopher lived. It is so sad that he died. The way he died is sad he sufferd.
He had an amazing spirit about him that's for sure.
Catra

Catra said...

Thanks e-speed. Each day it looks better and better.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Norbert-
It's best to buy the book by Stanely Burroughs.. I don't recommend anyone trying the Master cleanse without reading the book. It's a cheap book under 10 bucks. You can buy it at whole foods or order it online.
Have a wonderful day.
Catra