Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Water Cache's were always a welcome site along the PCT. Many times I would run out of water and just pray that there really would be water at the cache that was on my water page. Never had a problem thank God for trail Angels.
Only 213 days to go and I will once again be hitting the PCT. I have a lot of time on my hands as you can tell. Just sitting around and reading while I'm healing from surgery.
Bummed I won't be joining my friends in the Grand Canyon this weekend. Can't be outside for another week. Don't want to cause damage to my skin. Plus I don't feel that great.





Access the Power - Cards of Wisdom: "Release your worries and your cares, just let go as if you had no idea of what might or could happen. Don’t hang onto the idea of loss or failure because, if you let go of all you think you want, want will be replaced by true happiness. What you need will be given or will manifest itself, even though it is unlikely to come in the form you think it should. All mistakes are eventually corrected as the universe takes a hand in your affairs. ©Stephen Haynes "

8 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Hey Catra,

Take care of yourself and speedy healing....you'll be out there on the PCT before you know it. Your blog is a great inspiration and always brings a smile to my face!

All the best!
-Kelly

Jen said...

carta, How did you get your job to let you have some much time off. Or did you quit?
Jen
www.jensgym.blogspot.com

Catra said...

Hey Kelly-
Thanks for the post.
I'm glad you enjoy my blog.
Catra

Lansen said...

Hey, while you have time - you might enjoy "Into the Wild" - It's by John Krakhauer (probably spelled that wrong), who wrote "Into Thin Air". Great book, just about made me take off for Alaska.

You've probably already read it, but I didn't see it your list.

BTW, some friends and I have a debate - we do endurance mountain biking, and know how long that takes; but we have no concept of how long a 100 mile running race takes. How long are you out there?

Catra said...

Hi Jen-
I went on seasonl so I was able to leave.
I actually have a new job I start in a week. I will do the same thing just go seasonl when I need to take extended time off.
I will work just a couple days a week at whole foods when I can. looking forward to my new job close to home but I took a huge pay cut. But I think I can make it work. I just won't be able to travel and race that much next year. But that's ok my main focus is getting the woman's record on the PCT.
Catra

Catra said...

lansenm-
I have read into the Wild. Loved the book looking forward to seeing the movie.
Running a 100 mile Ultramartahon well it all depends on the course there are cut off times. So they give you anywhere between 30-36 hours. There are a couple with 48 hour cut offs.
You climb anywhere from 10,000-33,000ft.
My best time is 22 hours my slowest 35+ hours.
Catra

Jen said...

Carta, Thanks for sharing that information.
How do you like working for Whole Foods? Everytime I go there I think I would like working for them?

Jen
www.jensgym.blogspot.com

Catra said...

Hi Jen-
I've been there for 8 years so it's nice to be seasonl. I will just work one or two days for them.
I work in nutrition so I really loved my department. Good company to work for but it's time for change.
I checked out your blog. Love it! I'm getting my level 1 crossfit cert. in March. My brother is a personal trainer has been for 9 years. He's getting his level II in a couple months, he has his Oly lifting & kettle bell cert. as well. He's going to open up a crossfit studio next year and I will teach classes for him too.
I miss my running & crossfit. I think in a week I will get back to stuff. I've been doing my only little WODS while I'm laid up.
Have an awesome day.
Catra