Monday, April 13, 2009

Self-Confidence

The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.

You uploaded a photo that violates our Terms of Use, and this photo has been removed. Facebook does not allow photos that attack an individual or group, or that contain nudity, drug use, violence, or other violations of the Terms of Use. These policies are designed to ensure Facebook remains a safe, secure and trusted environment for all users, including the many children who use the site.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page at http://www.facebook.com/help.php?topic=wphotos.

The Facebook Team

Seems maybe my picture showed to much self confidence for someone. I have been through a lot in my life and it took a lot of climbing up the mountain and getting knocked down again and again. It took years of searching inside to find out who I am. It hasn't been easy but here I am.
I could be a drug addict alcoholic but I'm not. I changed and decided I wanted to be happy I wanted to be healthy and most of all I wanted to be the best person I could be. I chose to stop abusing my body and mind with all the bad stuff. I didn't want to hurt myself anymore or others, I didn't want to sell or do drugs anymore.
I changed..I know longer abuse my body in a bad way. I help and inspire others on a daily basis. That's all I want in life...Just to be the best person I can be.
I know I'm not perfect and have made some bad decisions in the past. But always try to learn from my mistakes in life.

On June 24th I will celebrate 15 years of sobriety . It hasn't been an easy road, but I have no regrets.
I have great friends, and the most wonderful boyfriend ever. All of them and you, I would never know if I was Catra the party goth girl. I'm happy I'm Catra the "Dirt Diva"!!

Crossfit today
3 rounds for time
25- kettlebell swings
25-squats
25-push-ups
25- thrusters
my time(6:45)

300 ab-mat sit-ups for fun

8 comments:

Hone said...

Love the post. Congrats on staying clean. You are an awesome person.

See you saturday!

Janis said...

"violated our HOTNESS regulations!"

Be proud of who you are...you touch so many lives each day with your bravery, humility and courage! I love that you are tough, sexy and strong!!!! Keep breaking those rules Catra!

Anonymous said...

Obviously the people at Facebook are quite jealous of you and apparently hide behind a "Terms of Use Policy" to mask their own insecurities. I doubt they have many 40-somethings on their staff who are in as good shape as you are!

johntsharp said...

Nice Kettlebells! And phooey on those Facebook folks if they don't like your confidence. I ended up getting myself some Kettlebells, probably had something to do with your posts.

Shannon said...

I loved BOTH pictures!

Your very inspiring my dear and only wish we lived closer so I could hit the trails with you in beautiful California.

Anonymous said...

Longtime reader here, but never commented.

I just wanted to say that your blog is so inspiring to me.....I just love it.

In fact, it is partly because of you that I switched from marathons to ultras. Loving the ultras so much more!

I love your little quotes and card reading-thingys you post. Very uplifting.

Thank you for being you.

eck said...

well said catra, congrats on staying sober and healthy! you really are an inspiration. the facebook crew are a bunch of prudes:)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how or why anyone wouldn't want to see all of you...

;)