Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Visualize the Impossible

Ordinary people believe only in the possible. Extraordinary people visualize not what is possible or probable, but rather what is impossible. And by visualizing the impossible, they begin to see it as possible.
Cherie Carter-Scott


Today I took my friend Flower up Mission Peak. She is one of my crossfit buddies from Crossfit elite fitness academy in Monrovia. She is an amazing athlete, she is pretty badass. She was down visiting friends and decided she would do a run with me. She is training for a 12 hour adventure race later this month that she will be doing with coach LeClair.
We started up the peak and in 2 miles it started raining. I had a rain poncho I brought along for Flower since she didn't have a jacket. It was 80 and sunny yesterday.
I love showing my friends the beauty where I live.

It was windy and cold on the summit. I took pictures on Flower than we headed down.
Hopefully in the next couple months she can do a run up Half Dome with me since she has never been to Yosemite.
Thanks for joining me Flower I had a blast ;)


Embrace the New

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

2 comments:

Tri Mom said...

Thanks again for all your awesome quotes and inspiration! I love your quote from today, and have written it down in my training journal. I am training for Ironman #2. Thanks and congrats on all your recent accomplishment and runs!

Mountain Goat said...

What I fun day! Wish I could have been with you two wonderful ladies. Flower is pretty darn amazing. I remember when she started Crossfitting with us. I saw her natural strength and ability to perform many of the movements with little coaching.

Maybe you will inspire her to be an an Ultra Runner extraordinaire like yourself!