Monday, April 20, 2009

Have Patience with Yourself

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.
Saint Francis de Sales


Ran Leona Divide with Andy Saturday we did great. It was hot and I got bad blisters but we beat are time by 30 min. I think from last year.
They changed the course this year and I think it was a bit harder.

I went to the Whole Foods in Pasadena the Arroyo store talked with the manager there. I will be working a couple days a month there when I'm down visiting Andy. They are not hiring now, because Summer is our slow time, but in September when she hires again I most likely will be working there.
I got really bad blisters at Leona my feet swelled and I wore thick socks. They are nasty and painful. I managed to run with Rocky this morning and they felt ok.
I will run tomorrow for a hour and Thursday and Friday I am running 20 miles both days. I ordered new shoes in a bigger size should have them then.

Had another dentist appointment today. I had 10 cavities to fill. I told doctor Dolly to do them all today. She thinks I'm crazy but knew I could handle it. I have one more appointment next month. A polishing and temp. crown put on. Can't afford a permanent one until next year.
Andy and I went to the wiener dog races Sunday in Huntington beach. It was fun to watch the owners are really into it. We will enter Rocky in July ;) We are busy next month so can't enter him. They have them each month there.
I will be working the atalanta athletic wear both at the Big Sur marathon booth Friday and Saturday so stop by to say hi.
Crossfit wod today:
Tabata
sit-ups
squats
kettlebellswings.

10 comments:

MountainJedi said...

Oh jeez, what strong memories and emotions come up when I see that PCT sign! I first heard about you when inquiring about a photograph I saw at the Hiker Hideaway in Old Station, CA. Feels so long ago now. It's been almost exactly a year since I began my PCT hike at Campo, and so many adventures, friends, and missteps have I made along the way. Just wanted to write and say thanks for your comment about my brother and his struggle. He's still holding on, looking for new treatment options in Texas. I'll point him towards your site, as I know I always enjoy the inspirational words you post. All the best to you and Rocky!

Unknown said...

Nice job at Leona Divide.

Ten cavities? Yikes! That doesn't sound like any fun at all. I'd rather have the blisters. At least they are free.

Have fun at Big Sur!

Olga said...

Glad about job possibility! From many angles of views:) Bummer on blisters, fix it up - summer is coming! Looks like a good time had by all.

Kiley said...

Nice metting you at Leona last Saturday. I'm hooked. Up Next Mt. D.

Hone said...

It was good to see you last Saturday. It was a hot day out there! I felt bad for all of you guys out there. There was not any shade the whole 50 miles. Hope those blisters heal up quick.

Tri Mom said...

Nice run! Congrats on going 30 minutes faster on a more difficult course! OUCH....blisters! Take care, and nice work!

Jo Lynn said...

I had ONE cavity filled today and I was scared to death. I hope I never have to have another one. EVER!

Lori said...

As always, it was great to see you and Andy out on the trails. You two always look so damn happy, no matter how rough it is out there. Take care of those blisters (ouch!) -- and congratulations on besting your time by 30 minutes! Nice job.

Have a great time at Big Sur this weekend (I actually think the first time I met you was at SF marathon expo last year...I had just completed my first 50k & you were so warm & encouraging. Jonathan Gunderson introduced us...I don't know if you remember that or not. Anyway, thanks for being so nice!).

PunkRockRunner said...

I ran Boston on Monday and will be running Big Sur on Sunday. Can't wait to stop by the booth and say hello!

Smithposts... said...

Congrats on your improved time on Leona Divide but sorry about those blisters! They sound very painful!

The wiener dog races sound like a lot of fun. Based on some of your recent posts, Rocky appears to be in training mode. Look forward to some pics from the event.