Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Embrace the New

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Rocky at his favorite place Mission peak.
Today Julia gave me a Brazilian wax..It's more painful than a tattoo and more painful than going the dentist. She gets mad because I shave and if I only left it alone and waxed every 4 weeks it would be less painful and there would be less hair. So she says ;)
My goal is one day to laser the whole damn area.
Guys usually have to worry about this stuff. I know you girls know what the heck I'm talking about.
I'm sure this is just way to much info. for everyone. But it's my blog and about what I do ;)
I'm lucky Julia is my best friend...LOL.

Yesterday was very windy at least it was nicer today. Went to the dentist today I go back next week for the rest of my work for now. It will cost 200 next week after that I will wait until January to finish up the rest.
I'm running Leona Divide 50 miler with Andy Saturday so wish us luck.
I also have meeting with someone tomorrow while in Pasadena so send me positive vibes that goes well ;)
Tell you more later.
I leave tomorrow after work to Sierra Madre..I'm excited!! Sad Rocky can't go because I'm flying. :(

12 comments:

CoyoteGirl said...

Good luck and have a great trip!

Brazilian wax? Haven't done that yet...ouch. I wanna do the laser too and just get it all over with already.

Unknown said...

He's so cute!

Good luck with your meeting and the race!

T Z said...

Umm....us guys were hoping for PICTURES!

Smithposts... said...

Good luck with your meeting, have a safe trip and great run on Saturday!!

Anonymous said...

If you had your own web site you could post photos. You would get lots of viewers.

it's a secret said...

stumbled across your blog after searching for trail running on google. your story is very inspiring! I am curious to know how you have worked up to 100 miles! how did you start out on trail running? it would be great to read the story of your beginnings at running.

Jim said...

Okay, this makes me a bad person for saying this but I really like reading about the Brazillian. There, I've said it, I better go tell my wife to clear my conscience!

Shannon said...

Have fun with Andy this weekend. Pictures look great.

*Ultra*Rockstar* said...

Yes, I also would love to just get rid of it permanantly too.

Best wishes this weekend.You will rock ity.

On a personal note,I hurt my back at work lifting crazy dogs, and am on week 2 of no CF,its depressing BUT I can run just fine.Its horrible, I have tried to do 2 WODS and could not do them well and it hurt.Going for a massage this weekend.

Just had to vent to a fellow CF.

Carie said...

I don't like to say "good luck" I say - have fun! So have a blast on your run!!

Danny B said...

You went to Brazil to get wax, so confusing. Only photos would clear it up;) I keep thinking of the wax scene in the 40 year old virgin, ouch!!

Snakebite said...

Brazilian wax trouble? Hmmm.....maybe Thee Masses could help. I agree, posting pictures would enable readers to post constructive criticism.