Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Optimists
Optimists enrich the present, enhance the future, challenge the improbable and attain the impossible. William Arthur Ward

Ouch..today I had a deep scaling on my right side of my mouth. They will do the other side on Monday. I have been putting this off for a year since I needed to take care of 5000 dollars worth of work the past couple years. Hey and that's just what insurance didn't pay. The scaling is 380 bucks each side. My insurance covered a percent and I pay the rest with my flex CC. Thank goddness I have that because there is no way I could afford to do this. But it needed to be done.

Glad I'm taking care of it now.

Crossfit WOD

1 rounds of:

100 sit-ups-100 push-ups-100 squats-100 kettlebell swings.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm excited to be taking a kettlebell workshop in May.

Unknown said...

Seriously? That was your WOD?

Catra said...

LOL...Sorry Nick no I did one round. So use to doing 3 rounds of my workouts at home..LOL.. Although I will attempt a 3 rounder of that WOD at some point ;)

christian said...

what's a deep scaling?

sounds gnarly. Good luck.

is it true you are considering Across the Years?

Have a nice weekend - you posts have seemed more melancholy lately - here's a little good karma comin' yo' way

PunkRockRunner said...

Hi Catra,

Just caught up on a week of your blogs. I just completed my first Triathlon (Ironman California 70.3), 2-days later was running in Germany and next week I'll run Boston (then Big Sur & Eugene). Somehow I always find my way back to your Blog for inspiration and a smile.

All the best!

Anonymous said...

I feel bad when I read how you have to struggle so much financially especially for all your medical stuff. I'd like to help you. If you'd post your contact info I can get a check/M.O. off to you.

Catra said...

Hey Punkrockrunner that's awesome. Look for me at the big sur marathon expo at the atatlanta skirt booth.
You're a crazy man ;) it's a good thing.

Catra said...

Anon-
That is so touching you want to help. I always say what comes around goes around. I have helped many in need when I could.
I still do by giving inspiration and advice.
Just found out I still need 7 more fillings at 65 bucks copay :(
I do have insurance so will take care of what I can.
Thank you so much for your kind offer to want to help.
5121 Lawler av.
Fremont, ca. 94536