Thursday, April 17, 2008

LIVE LIFE, LOVE LIFE.............
I'm in Sierra Madre woo hoo!!!!!
Don't judge a book by it's cover. I was sitting at the airport this morning reading, minding my own business when a man stops and is staring at me. He started to speak, I thought great he's going to make a comment about my tattoos. Which by the way ,were pretty much covered by my clothes. You could see my feet and a little bit of my chest.
He said nice tattoos. I said thanks. I thought what a nice totally conservative man. (white hight collar shirt and slacks and a suit jacket). He started asking me questions about where I was from, and where I get my work done. I thought how strange he's really into tattoos. As we got to talking he revealed to me he had almost a whole suit. I thought how cool. Who would of ever thought this guy would have a whole suit tattoo. We spent several minutes talking tattoos and life. He told me non of his coworkers even know he has tattoos he keeps them covered. His name was Jim. We exchanged emails. I'm sure one day we will run into each other again. Maybe next time at a tattoo convention.
Remember don't judge a book by it's cover.

8 comments:

Judi said...

Catra, I totally thought he was gonna say some rude shit to you. I am glad he was cool.

Have a great run with Andy!

Anonymous said...

Our body is our temple... tatoos or a funny hair-cut or just looking the way we want... self expression... it's all good. Glad to see your doing well, and found a significant other. Keep up the pace, girl... Stevo... (sunscreen Steve)

JeffO said...

At work, so many thought I was just a boring nerdy geek. Now they know I'm an ultra running, tattoo'd, mtn climber. But they were right - I'm a nerdy geek just the same.
I like contrast. It's cool that he can look natural in a suit but still have do much ink underneath.

Glad to hear Rocky is okay.

Neal Jamison said...

Catra,

Wow. Crossfit does a body good.

Best wishes from VA.

Stuart said...

Sound and solid advice! You never know whan you stumble across a good read!

Anonymous said...

just checking in. Sorry to hear about Rocky, but so glad he is ok!!!

Congrats on Diablo and good luck this weekend.

xo1rider said...

Yeah, you're a good influence of people. I'm giving you partial credit for my getting my second tattoo last week and if I get a third you'll get full credit for that one.

See you at work...

Markie, Mark...

SimplyStu said...

I always make comments about Tattoos. I love them. Have always loved them. Is it wrong to comment to someone you don't know?