Sunday, November 26, 2006

QUAD. DIPSEA 28 mile race.
Victorias run. I ran this race for a woman who I have never met.
She lives in the Netherlands and has cancer. Her friend Deb writes to my blog.
I thought since she is going through a hard time I would dedicate my Quadruple dipsea run for her.
I had a great run and sent her positive energy and vibes the whole way. I think my time was 6:23. I felt strong the whole way..I ran for Victoria and not for me. I know she will beat her illness and her life will be back to normal.
My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Victoria stay strong, you will win the fight.
Namaste,
Catra Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Debbie said...

You are the BEST. Big love to you -Deb

Scott Dunlap said...

You bet you were sending positive vibes...I felt a boost every time I saw your smile! Great work, and have fun on the PCT.

SD

Catra said...

Hey SN-
Thanks for the post and the link.
woo hoo you won the Nathan quick draw. Happy for you!
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Deb-

Thanks! Have a great day.
XOXO,
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Scott-

It was great seeing you out there too. Thanks for the complimnets.

It was nice to see you smiling the whole way to.
I will have fun on the PCT.
I will be running at least 4 100 mile trail race's and 1 150 mile trail race before I take off on the PCT. I might even run some 50k & 50 MILERS TOO ;)
Have a great Holidays.
I'm running 42 hours for my 42nd b-day starting Dec. 15th at 5am and finishing on Dec. 16th at 11pm now that should be fun!
Catra

Anonymous said...

Great race, Catra! Wasn't the weather great out there? That place fogs in pretty good on a some days. I finally did a race in my own backyard, considering I grew up in Marin. Keep "running with a purpose".
-Jonathan