Thursday, May 15, 2008

ILLNESS IS NOT A PUNISHMENT, BUT A STIMULANT TO LIFE.
Illness can be a teacher, companion, or a punishment. Still, sometimes its message isn't clear. Ignore the illness. Look for stimulation in the knowledge that you can heal in a instant.
The Ohlone 100 miler is fast approaching. One more day to sleep in. I plan to start Saturday at 4:30am. I want to get to Del Valle and start that climb out by 1pm.
I was out running today on Mission Peak and it was like a oven dry heat but windy. I know it will be hot on run day so I am freezing all my drinks. I have to drop off my cooler in Sunol tomorrow so I want to freeze everything this way it will be nice and cold. I will buy ice tomorrow to stash out there too.
I fell ready to go, I hope to finish under 34 hours.
Me getting one last hot run in.
Who was it that said cows are not smart?? They are !!!!they always seem to find shade on Mission peak and rest in it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra,
This is Aaron
I thought I would pass this to you even though I'm sure you've heard about it already???


Joe,
What would be your estimated date for entering the Sierra?

phil

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:31 PM, joseph kisner wrote:

> I just talked to Scott Williamson and we both have decided upon the date
> of our departure. On June 8th at 12 noon we will depart from Campo in
> attempt to break the unassisted record of 79 days, 21 hours, and 42 minutes.
> It is in our both agreement to make this public. Joe Kisner

Good luck on the 100 this weekend

Will Cooper said...

Hey Catra, good luck at the Ohlone 100. Sounds like you've done your homework...in the heat. I think I ran with you on the Unknown Ultra. Keep on bloggin!

runrgrrl7 said...

Good Luck Catra! I'll be thinking about you!!!

Ofie

GB said...

Kick butt out there this weekend, Catra! I hope to see you somewhere on the trail as I run the 50K. That would be a sign of good luck!!!

And by the way, cows scare the crap out of me. I don't know why. They just do. I'm afraid of being trampled.