Tuesday, October 20, 2009

CLIMBING LESSON..........
That first peak is the best place to pause and look back, to see if you took the easiest route, to learn the lessons from the first climb. And it is the best place to examine the path ahead, to change your plans and goals, to take a deep breath and begin climbing again.
Michael Johnson
I feel a little trashed from yesterdays Crossfit class. I have SF 1 day on Saturday so decided not to go to class and do tabata abs and push-ups and I did a short easy 4 mile run. I want to do well this weekend so I must rest up :-) yeah right easy to say and harder for me to do.
The weather looks great for race day so hopefully it will go perfect for me. I have a goal of better then last year so 100+ miles and feeling great would be nice. Last year I made 100 miles but had issues with my IT band and my hamstring. I'm hoping that training on the road last week and this week will help.
I hope to see some of you out there. If not just send me positive vibes. That would be awesome.

WOD 10/19/09

Max rounds in 5 minutes of:

12 One-arm dumbbell power snatches(m55#/w35#), 6 each arm
15 squats
6 One-arm dumbbell shoulder presses(m55#/w35#), 3 each arm

Rest 1 minute and repeat totaling 4 cycles

This is why I'm sore today :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck at your 24-hour! I love the red/white/blue outfit.

Becca said...

You must live in an amazing place! I am always anxious to see the beautiful scenery in your pics of where you are running. How inspiring!

Shannon said...

You're so purty! I love your patriotic look. :)

Mark said...

You know, I'm not quite sure how I stumbled across your blog Catra, but I'm glad I did. Every time I start whining to myself about how tired I am to get out and run long or start to feel down, I am guaranteed a lift by reading your latest posting.

I actually start to feel lazy for dreading an 18 miler after getting caught up on what you've been doing on any random week-end. My running also evolved out of personal tragedy,(in my case the death of my wife at a very young age) so I completely agree with your "don't sweat the small stuff" attitude, and the idea of living life LARGE. You totally rock.
Mark

AMIE said...

You are big inspiration to me. Thank you for all that you share. I'm training to RUN my first 13.1 next month in Philly.
It's been years since I called myself a runner, but I'm dedicated to getting back there. I gained weight, got into bad stuff, and decided to change so I started walking alot a couple years ago. It's been good to start running again. Although I have never run farther than 8.5 miles before. This last weekend it was time for my BIG test, running 9 miles. It was pouring rain! I really tried to come up with excuses not to do it. But I did, I went out anyway. For some reason I kept thinking of you and it kept me going even though I REALLY could have turned around and gone home. I love that you run your age in miles on your birthday. My birthday is Jan 16th and I started walking 16 miles which I thought was pretty cool til I started reading your blog. It's good to always up the goals!

Thanks again for your inspiration and GOOD LUCK this weekend! I'll be sending you good thoughts!

Caren said...

Love the stars and stripes! Best of luck to you.

Neil Scott said...

Great photos Catra.
Running is the best drug of all especially when you can get the the point when it is easy.
Do you run in any particular shoe, one that you favour.
The reason I ask is that as you run such long distance the weight of the shoes must play a part in the end.
I am a recent convert to minimal footwear after too many injuries from most cushioned running shoes.
I'm still getting used to the adaptation required after 30 years in cushioned shoes, so far though, no pains of any sort except for a few blisters.
Keep up the running.
A friend of mine back in the UK (Ron Hill) set himself the target of running 50 marathons in 50 different countries by the time he hit 50, he did that and has since set the target at 70 in 70 different countries. I think I remember reading that he has run at least a mile a day for the past 40 years.

Cheers
Neil
Adelaide, S.Australia