Wednesday, October 07, 2009

PATIENCE....
Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind.
Leonardo da Vinci
Well here is a cool picture of my next adventure. The Grand Canyon. I went there in 1997 so it has been a while. I ran to the bottom camped and ran back up the next day. I have been wanting to do the R2R2R for a few years and now finally I will run it.
First stop Sin City going to play some slots and run down the strip. If I win anything I will get a new tattoo :-)
It takes me forever to pack. I am packed but I will repack tonight after work. I have to be to work at 7am tomorrow then we fly out at 4:45pm woo hoo.
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

Next Friday I'm heading to Yosemite again so if anyone wants to run Half Dome let me know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catra:
Good luck on R2R2R. I've done that three times, twice staying overnight on the North Rim and the last time three years ago doing the one-day round trip in 15 hours. I prefer descending the South Kaibab trail as it has great views down from the ridge. The Bright Angel trail has water (unlike the South Kaibab trail) so that can be a better trail to ascend in hot weather.
Rick from Maine

Steve Stenzel said...

Have fun in Vegas!!

Gary Culver said...

Hey Catra;

Just spent 4 days at the North Rim. We had a thunderstorm with small hail and a few flurries yesterday (Oct 7th). Perfect running weather. Water is turned off at some locations (North Kaibab TH, Roaring Springs.. Perhaps Cottonwood)... "Official Reports" (Board Notes by Rangers) Vary???... Have a great one.

Visionbuilder said...

Patience!! Patience!!
You keep taking all these trips, and we your faithful readers are stuck here wondering what Catra is up to now!! If you don't hurry I might have to get my own life!! :P

Michelle Thoe said...

Really can't thank you enough for your photos and your words. Got the Grand Canyon as my screensaver at this moment.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!

I did a Rim to River (15 miles) last summer on Bright Angel. I want to go back and run Rim to Rim (but NOT in July) Beautiful place to run

Bob (aka doginfog)