Tuesday, October 13, 2009

REACH OUT............
The purpose of life . . . is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Here are just a few pictures from the Grand Canyon. I will write my story and post pictures of my 18 hour 48 mile adventure.
The Grand Canyon was awesome.
It was actually the very first place I ever ran on trails 12 years ago. Yep, that's were I first put my feet on dirt and ran to Phantom and back to Indian gardens and slept on the ground. Yep, the first place I over camped out on the ground at to. That place is special and didn't realize until I saw it again.

I fell all over in love again with it's beauty. I have now promised myself to go back each year and run R2R2R. I will never forget this place again. I had buried so deep in the back of my mind but once I saw it again all the beautiful memories came back.
Enjoy these pictures I will post more and write my story soon.

CROSSFIT:
50 KETTLEBELL SWINGS
50 PUSH-UPS
50 SIT-UPS
50 SQUATS
MY TIME:4:54
RAN 10K IN 51 MIN. Getting ready for SF1day next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great adventure. 48miles in hard country!

The scenery is awesome, I can see whay you are so fond of it there, it makes our rolling green hills positively look boring.

Snakebite said...

Great pics! Can't wait for the rest and the story.

Jim said...

Neat introspection Catra. It is interesting that the value of an experience isn't always clear at the time. Sometimes I don't appreciate the effects or benefits of travel or a situation until years later, and I'll find myself lost in thought, and really reaping the benefits then, of a particular event.