Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Meeting difficulties

There are two ways of meeting difficulties. You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them. Phyllis Bottome


Took Rocky out for a 4 mile run along the Quarry lakes/Alameda creek trails.
He loves the ducks out there. But they were all in the water because it was so warm.
I leave tomorrow for Andy's , we are running the PCT 50 miler in San Diego. I just found out it might be cancelled because a military helicopter crashed on the course. We will find out tomorrow if it will happen or not.
If it is cancelled I will still want to do a long run somewhere on the PCT or AC course. I will decided when we find out.
I hope the military guys are ok. I will go online to read what happened.


Crossfit 3 rounds of
25 squats
25 sit ups
25 push ups

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. It looks like a fun run with Rocky.

I've never heard of a race being cancelled for a helocopter crash - that's certainly a new one. I hope everyone got out ok.

Anonymous said...

I like the portrait of you and Rocky, it's so cute!

I haven't been to One World in ages so I need to get back on it. Mainly a lot of swimming and a few short runs.

Glad to hear you're burning up the trails.

Sara

wendyb said...

I am doing the pct50 as my first 50 if it is not canceled. I have been reading your blog for at least a year now! Maybe I will see you out there.

Tina said...

I've been following your blog for a few days now. I love the quotes at the beginning and the themes that follow. Your running and stories are inspirational. My spouse is also an ultrarunner, so although I can't relate myself, as I am not, it's great to read your stories and pieces of advice.