Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's Your Time to Shine

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

Today was a beautiful day! I met Jerry at his house at 7am to run. He took me on a fun loop to a pond I had never seen. We were out for 4 hours.

Jerry is a great friend the kind of person that would do almost anything for his friends. I always tell people without his help in 2007 I could of never hiked 2,000 mile of the PCT. He was my Everest base camp. He kept everyone informed of where I was on the trail through my blog for me.

He did many trips to REI and trader Joes, getting me and sending me supplies when I needed something.

He was there for me.

I will never forget the best thing he did for me was to meet me ,at the Tahoe rim trail 50 mile finish with Rocky my dog, He brought him out to see me after being without him for 66 days. It was very touching.

Good friends are hard to find and I consider Jerry a great friend.

This is Jerry and me on the top of Mission Peak, standing on my favorite rock on the top!
I will be living at the bottom of that hill soon.
Diablo behind us!

3 comments:

PunkRockRunner said...

I really need to start running on those trails. Great photos!

Best of luck with the move and a new beginning. As usual, you will make the best of everything.

All the best,

Ron

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I've been on your blog. I missed you again! I saw you @ the Mt. Wilson race, but I was latched onto my daughter and her friends. I had fun though.
Anais Nin lived in Sierra Madre for several years until she moved into her beautiful house overlooking the Silverlake reservoir in Silverlake.

mindful mule said...

Fun time in Sierra Madre yesterday! Hilary and I really enjoyed meeting you and Andy and Rocky. Hope you all are having a great weekend, too...