Friday, May 15, 2009

Accept Yourself

Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different. Stacey Charter


click on collage to view

I love that quote today it is so true!!!
Tomorrow we will be running Sunol to Del Valle and back it will be 40 miles. There is a snack bar at Del Valle, I'm thinking Popsicles ;-)
If you want to run with us meet at Sunol regional park at 7am that's what time the gate opens, should be on the trail by 7:15am. It will take close to 12 hours to complete it will be hot so bring a hydration pack. There are 3 water sources we will stop at along the way. One at the turn around as well.
If you want to run 20 miles that's fine too. This would be a good training run for Ohlone 50k Sunol to Rose peak.
You can email me if you want to join us catrarunner@yahoo.com


These pictures were taken during my 13 miler yesterday afternoon. This is some of the wildlife I spotted along the way.
This squirrel was 1 foot away from me he was posing for me.
This ladybug hitched a ride on me. I noticed her on my jacket ;-)

I saw many butterflies out on my adventure here is a shot of one. I hope you all get out and run, bike, hike or just move your body this weekend. Being outdoors is good for the mind, body and soul.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

7 comments:

Steve Ansell said...

Great pics, Catra. I was out there too and, yes, I was the one who left the flowers on your windshield.

While I ran close to the same mileage as you, most of it was on roads since I started from home (3.5mi from the trailhead) and so only had time for a short bit on the hill. Went up Peak Meadow to HH. Took the steep way up and came down the longer route (totally overgrown) running the opposite of the Ohlone start on the way back.

As much as I hate running the roads home after being on the trail, I just can't bring myself to drive to the trailhead unless I'm going out for more than just a couple of hours.

Catra said...

I wish I would of seen you ;-(
I'm sure you read about tomorrows run. It would be nice if you showed up and ran part ;-)

I love my camera it takes awesome shots. I am still trying to figure out a couple functions. But it works great.
Just need to get the blur factor down on running shots. It seems that we get a lot of blurry shots when were racing. Andy gets more than I do. I don't understand the whole iso. I have it on 800 I know it goes higher but can't figure it out.
Catra

*Ultra*Rockstar* said...

I just FINALLY read thorugh the birthdaychallange.com site and all of your blogs and others. I WANT to do a Birthday challange. I will be 34 this year and I just happen to have my entire birthday(halloween) week off.

have fun tomorrow.

Shannon said...

Nice pictures~

christopher mcdougall said...

catra, i hope you got the copy of "Born to Run" I sent and was happy with your cameo in the story. i'm going to be in san fran for a burst of readings and ultra-talk next week, so please stop by if you can. even better, could you take me for a run while i'm in town (assuming you're anywhere in the area)?
here's my schedule:

Tues, May 19, 4-8 pm, Palo Alto: ZombieRunners 
Wed, May 20, 7:30 pm, Danville: Rakestraw Books
Thur, May 21, 7pm, Corte Madera: Book Passages


thanks, and here's hoping to see you again--

Tangee said...

I found your blog online and oh my gosh you are so inspiring me as I read through it. I'm such a newbie to this, but you are really inspiring me.

Catra said...

Hi Christopher-
I would love to run with you tomorrow at 8am Mission Peak in Fremont. I can give you directions.
I never got the book ;-(
email me.
catrarunner@yahoo.com
so we can figure out if we can meet tomorrow. I don't have your contact info. so I hope you see this.