Thursday, May 28, 2009

Champions, Skill and Will

Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
Muhammad Ali


I decided to take Rocky with me today and do an easy 5 miles around Quarry lakes/ Alameda trail. We saw our friend and his dog Caesar (don't know the mans name) We found out Caesar was attacked on the creek trail by a Pit Bull that was just adopted by a couple so they didn't know much about the dog. The dog grabbed Caesar who weighs maybe 5 pounds and drug him down to the creek the owner of the pit really saved Caesars life that is what Caesars owner told me. He had to fight his dog off to save little Caesar. Caesar has about 25 stitches along his neck. He is a very lucky dog.
Rocky and I were very happy that our friend survived.
The owner really didn't do anything wrong, Caesars owner said. The guy bent down to pick up poop and the dog got loose from his wrist. They had no idea that the dog was aggressive. Very scary.
Today we did 5 miles out on the trail we had so much fun. It was beautiful out. Tomorrow I will drop my supplies in Sunol and rest up for Saturday 100 mile run.

I will post my cell number tomorrow for those who want to text me during the run. I will need all the positive encouragement I can get. This run is tough and is very much a mental challenge and physical too.
Good luck to all the Ohlone runners this weekend and everyone else racing this weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats one happy dog look at the smile on his face mike h

Unknown said...

That pup is so cute.

Good luck on Saturday! I'm betting that you will do great! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Unknown said...

Hi Catra,

It was nice meeting you this morning! SO sorry to hear about Caesar -- I see him and talk to his owner all the time along the creek trail.

I'd love to run Mission Peak with you some time! It'll have to be during an "easy" run for you since I'm nowhere near your caliber. Heh! Also, say hello to your brother (hope he still remembers me) and how weird is it that we had some parallels from the 80s -- haha! I still have a flier for Club Orifice (remember??? Are you cringing yet?)!

Have a great race this weekend!

Best regards,
Gin

Unknown said...

Good luck this weekend and always, Catra!!

Hone said...

I will send you a good luck text in the middle of the night. To help wake you up a little.

Have fun and avoid the snakes!!

Plus it might not be a good idea to put your phone number on the post. Their could be some crazies out there in the blog world.

RawBodyGoddess said...

I love your blog. I am amazed and inspired by your journey and PSYCHED to find another tattooed runner!!!

Totally OT- how do you protect your art while running through the woods? I am concerned with scratches across my work, especially some new arm work I am going to have done...

MK said...

Good luck this weekend!!!