Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Consistent Action

In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. Tony Robbins
Rocky and I did a short 5 miler had a good time. I will be taking him to Sierra Madre next weekend for the Mt. Wilson trail race.
Going to do a crossfit wod now. Not sure what I will check the oneworld site to see what they did today.


Change, disruption or obstacles could be the order of the day! There is a reason for each of these occurrences but in general it can be said that the way in which you are doing things, or viewing things, has to change. Very often the universe takes a hand and helps you by clearing away the debris of the old, but be assured that what is right, essential or just plain needed, will remain in place. In all cases be calm in the face of these unexpected events and just know that everything is going to be all right.
© Stephen Haynes

4 comments:

aNd! said...

I see you do follow crossfit wod's; however in your running it seems that you do more lsd training vs the mindset of cf endurance? Have you tried to follow just cf and cfe with all the ultra's that you do? Just researching cfe vs lsd and was curious as to your take on it.

Catra said...

hey aNd-
I tried it..for a min. it's not for me I am good friends with Brian and Carl.
I love being outdoors on the trails. I love being in Nature for hours on end. I love straping a pack on and running through Yosemite solo and doing 40 miles a day and when I get tired I sleep on the ground and wake up to do it all over again the next day.
I love getting my group of crazy friends together and say hey lets run 40 miles Saturday. And of course they say ok.
This is how I live. I don't need to be the fastest I just need to be the best I can be.
I have run over 300 Ultras/Marathons and have only 1 DNF. It works for me. I love the trails.
It's a great program I'm sure what they have going on. But it's not for me.
Catra

aNd! said...

Thanks! Love your blog, you are amazing.

Jen B said...

Hi Catra--
Just wanted to drop a note and tell you that i've read your blog for years now...you are a true inspiration. I've been running trail ultras for about 4 years now, but I am in the Army and stationed in the Middle East currently, so trail running (and greenery) does not exist. I'm living vicariously through reading about other people's running adventures (including yours). I really appreciate the detail that you add to your blog and the pictures. Being over here is really rough at times, but I've found CrossFit and I'm still running, just in sand. I'm hoping to do some more ultras after I leave here next year...
I just wanted to say thanks. You are an inspiration to many, including this Army girl.

-Jen