Monday, December 22, 2008

Love is like a deep pool that never dries up.
Poor Carl I beat him in the biggest leaf contest!

You have more to give than you realize. The only expectation you should have in giving to others is what you expect of yourself. That's how you stay replenished.

Yesterday I took Carl for a run in Sunol, I love showing my favorite places. He will be spending a lot of time in the next week here so had to show him fun places to go while I'm at work.
It was a beautiful day and we were lucky enough to beat the rain. The sky opened up just as we finished our run.
He has been working on my back and hamstring. It feels better today. I ran 5 miles on the road and it wasn't as bad as yesterday.
It was really muddy that kinda of mud that sticks to your shoes. Makes it hard to run. Carl now knows why I really love to run, as if he didn't know before ;) Now he really knows.
Looking towards Rose Peak and Del Valle area.
CROSSFIT WOD 12/22/08
4 rounds for time of:
50 squats
50 abmat sit-ups
6:15

One more thing Carl and I visited the Zombie runners store in Palo Alto on Saturday. Don and Gillian have done a wonderful job on their store. I love it!! Carl bought a pair of inov8 shoes and he ordered me a pair of Inov8 trail shoes they were out of my size need to try them out before HURT. I was planning on my adizero by adidas but they seem a little slippery so I will go with the Inov8 for HURT.
I also bought Carl something at their store. I plan on shopping there for now on for all my supplies. Make sure you stop by to support their store it's on California av. in Palo Alto.

11 comments:

mrjwhit~ said...

Holy cow what kind of leaf is that? That's a banana leaf! Where are you running, a jungle?

Glad you had a good time.

Jo Lynn said...

Ooooooh, I love Sunol this time of year. Pretty!

Anonymous said...

awesome scenery ! great pics !
yes invo8's rock, they are so light yet protect ones foot very well. got a few pairs from Zombie, they are good people.
happy birthday & you guys have a safe & peaceful holiday !

scott

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard when I saw that big leaf next to the small one.
The look on his face is priceless

Anonymous said...

Catra:
You freakn' studette! Holy smokes! You rock, girl!
I hate running, but I need to find good-steady hill runs for the upcoming crossfit games.
I'm a little fireplug. I can't run to save my life. And, too much running hurts my old joints.
Suggestions?
See you at the box!

Catra said...

Hey Mrjwhit-
I know it's huge I think it's an oak.
Thanks!
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Scott-
Carl loves his inov8, I have been wanting a pair so I'm excited to try them out.
Catra

Catra said...

Hi Nick-
That picture is super funny...Looks like crossfit is going well for you.
I will be doing a b-day wod with Carl on the 24th I wonder what kind of torture he will dream up for me.
Catra

Catra said...

Maria sista-
I think the short loop on Mission peak would be great training for the crossfit games. I can take you out after the holidays on the loop if you want. See you at the box..
BTW 10 years ago I too hated running and than one day I said I'm going to run 3 miles, and I did. and the rest is history.
Catra

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra,

Can I join you and Maria when you do the Mission Loop? I live very close to Ohlone College and I need some running/training inspiration and cannot think of a better source!

Maria, the loop may be short, but it's steep as hell!!

Sara

Anonymous said...

Catra!
Thanks! I need the inspiration!

Sara...thanks! Misery always loves company! I expect Catra to kick my ass on a run!

See ya at the box!