Tuesday, December 02, 2008

LET GO OF TIME!!!! Sunol the half way point 10 miles to go.

How much do you need to do today? Must you fill every moment to feel useful or productive? And how much of your life is directed by time? Answer these questions honestly.

My favorite tree. I always give it a hug and kiss.

Yesterday I was not directed by time I was going to start my run at 9am but instead I started at 10:30am. I ran 20 miles on the Ohlone trail into Sunol and back over Mission peak to Fremont. It was cool and a bit overcast. I got some sun heading into Sunol and when I came out the clouds were heading back. It was a beautiful fall day. It was the perfect day to think about life.

My favorite place to be alone in the wilderness

I saw the Lone Coyote on the way out and many cows and babies. I even say my Osprey Oscar who I haven't seen in months. Maybe he's back for the Winter.
I also saw a really skinny cow with a baby I took her picture and made a mental location of where she was so I could tell Ranger Neil and have him email the ranchers. Heading into Sunol I saw one of the ranchers and told him. He knew even before I showed him the picture. He said she has had medical problems for years but is still alive. He told me she was 17 years old which is like 90 years in people years. He said she has lived a long time and they are amazed that she lives another year. The good news is her baby is super healthy.
Cute outfit from Quad. Dipsea, Skirt & shirt.

Today I did a short 3 mile run my right arm is really sore for some reason. It's the arm that I broke years ago. I'm thinking I slept funny. Didn't go to crossfit it was all lifting so it would not be a good thing.
I think I will do a tabata workout before work.
I'm exciting about Friday going to do a run in Auburn with Andy. I love running on those trails.
I will be working CIM expo. Saturday so make sure to stop by and say hi.
Fremont Behind me, that's where I live.

"I will love the sun for it warms my soul. I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light, for it shows me the way. But I love you most, for you are my dream come true."

10 comments:

K said...

Hi Catra,
I'll be at the expo so I'll stop by and say 'HI'...

Snakebite said...

"My favorite tree. I always give it a hug and kiss."

Lucky tree.

SNAKE said...

Hot as always!

Added you to my blog link.

First saw you RM. Hot!

I guess I'm just a Dirty old man.

Please Check out my blog

http://www.runwiththesnake.blogspot.com/

KEEP IT UP GIRL!

SNAKE

Catra said...

Hey Karen come say hi!!
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Snakebite you're funny.

Catra said...

Hey SNAKE-
Thanks for linking my blog I will check yours out. RM??? What is that???
Thanks for the comments.
Catra

Anonymous said...

Catra:
It was really nice to see you in the box on Sunday. I don't see you much these days. You gave everyone a heart attack when you said, (something like) "i ran 20 miles for active recovery."
It was something like that. Do you know how many jaws dropped -including mine!
You go Girl! Power to you! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Catra:
I posted something earlier..but, i'm not sure it posted.
To begin with...you made jaws drop at the box on Sunday. Something about a 20 mile recovery run. Sheesh! I maybe repeating myself, but I don't see my earlier posting.
All in all, you rock! It nice to see you this last Sunday!

Catra said...

Hey Maria-LOL!!! You gotta remember sista a 28 mile race is considered very short for me. So running 20 miles is something I do every year the day before that race. It's good to race on tired legs. It's all training for HURT 100 miler in January. See you again Sunday. That class is fun.
I go at 9am during the week.
XOXO,
Catra

Unknown said...

Do you realize how lucky you are to have such a wonderful place run and get away from everything?

Nick -Rogue Crossfit