Wednesday, December 24, 2008

44 IS THE NEW 20..SO I'M TOLD.


4.4 mile run...44 min.
Today is my b-day. Yep I have been on this planet for 44 freak'n years. Can you believe it? I can't! It seems like just yesterday when I was the little girl who would cry if dirt was on her. Now I live to be a Dirt Diva. my 44 b-day Challenge. I ran 4.4 miles in 44 min. took my time so I could finish in 44 min. ;) I did 44 burpees which by the way I thought I would die from.

And last was the Fabulous 44 crossfit WOD

row 440 m, 44 knees to elbows, 44 wall balls, 44 ring dips, 44 hip extentions, 44 kettlebell swings, 44 double unders and 440 m row. My time was 24:46

After 44 burpees

I just want to say each year I feel fitter and stronger then before. Age is just a number most people forget that. I hear I'm to old to do this or that..That's a bunch of crap. If you feel that way ,then you will not live life to it's fullest. I want to always inspire and modivate. You are never to old..That's what I say.

I had a wonderful b-day. I also want to take a moment and thank all of you who sent me wishes from Facebook, myspace and my blog and email. I really am touched by all the kind words.

Carl and Catra after the Fabulous 44 crossfit WOD

Me looking hot at 44 ;)

The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet.














12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! I just found your blog a few days ago and have been totally stoked to find another person who's actually living their life and not existing in it. You ROCK!! Thanks for sharing your blog and being among the few people I can relate to and see how much more I can go. A positive source of energy, no doubt.

mrjwhit~ said...

Now that's a bday WOD! Way to go kiddo. Here's to many, many more.

Jeffro said...

"Age is just a number most people forget that. I hear I'm to old to do this or that..That's a bunch of crap."

I couldn't agree more! Happy Birthday!

Judi said...

happy bday catra, and merry xmas.

leslie said...

I'll be copying your bday workout in two weeks when I turn 48. I love how you're helping to redefine what 40-something can be, Catra. Happy bday!

Jo Lynn said...

Merry Christmas my dear Catra!

Steve Stenzel said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Shannon said...

Age is just a # and you definitely inspire me to push harder. :)

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!

Sorry I missed you when you were passing through town. We'll catch up next year.

Eero said...

You ARE inspiring!

Happy Birthday!

E.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

-Sorry for the late post.

Sara said...

happy belated birthday, and happy holidays (a little late :) )!

you are a huge inspiration to me, with everything you have gone through and everything you do and continue to do!

i hope i can look half as good as you when i turn 44. keep it up, Catra ... you rock!