Friday, February 27, 2009

THE WORLD
All is evolution, all is cyclical, therefore endings lead to new beginnings. You cannot begin without an end. If you cannot let go of the past then the past constantly recreates itself. Look now to the future and the paths to your goals will again become clear. Obstacles or limitations will be surmounted and lost or forgotten opportunities will again be presented. Success is now within your grasp but realise that to maximise that success new ways, or new methods, could make life so much easier.
© Stephen Haynes


Ok so the other day when I was complaining about running on the road and how there is no beauty in road running.....I opened my eyes and looked up into the sky and this is what I saw on my 8 mile run. My Mission Peak so beautiful in the distance with the fluffy clouds looking down on her.
I am totally wrong there is beauty when running the roads. I just need to look up once in a while so I see it.
I am visiting Andy Kumeda in Sierra Madre..Of course Rocky is with me. I think Andy always misses Rocky more than he misses me ..That's ok I totally understand.
I always have fun hanging out with Andy he is always so thoughtful and plans something new and fun when I visit. We will be going to a Play tomorrow that should be super fun. That's something we haven't done together.
Today while he is at work I will go to Visit my friends at Team crossfit Academy located in Monrovia at 130 E. Walnut ,and then run. I also need to go buy a humane trap for a unwelcomed visitor at Andy's. It appears he has a Rat. So I will go to the pet store to see what traps they have. We don't want to kill him. Just catch him and let him go out on the trail. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
I miss you so much that you're always on my mind. I love you so much that you're always in my heart."

8 comments:

Dave-O said...

There is an Ace Hardware on Huntington Drive in Duarte that I think rents traps.

Dave-O said...

Actually, I think we have a humane trap at home now that I think of it. Kellie or Eric can give you my contact info (and vouch for me).

Jon said...

There are humane traps you can buy. They capture the rat or mouse without killing it. You then can release it into the wild afterwards.

Best bait - Peanut Butter.

Suzie said...

i had palmetto rats in my attic... a friend placed humane trap with peanut butter. Caught 8 rats, not all at once!

Catra said...

Hey Dave-O Kellie txt me. I will get it from you tomorrow I will be at the training run. Thanks so much. See you then.

Shannon said...

Beautiful Photos....

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra!
Came across your site a while back. I believe it was through
"One World".
I think it's wonderful how positive you and your Blog are.
As for myself, I am an american guy who has been living over here in Germany for about 20 years. I have always been active. Started weight lifting and body building. Then I went on to marathons and duathalons.
After all that stuff I became a buddhist. Hung around with all different kinds of people. Went to india. Loved it. (I found that in all circles, there's always some concepts to get rid of)
Since last year I have been doing crossfit.
Hope that you keep shining your positivity out through the world!
There is a saying that I think often of. "Freedom lies behind the boundaries that we ourselves have put up."
so enough said!
Take it easy,
rob

Anonymous said...

We once had a squirrel in our basement. We used a live trap that was exactly like the humane traps you get for mice, except it was bigger, and it didn't seem to want to trip. We tried gerbil food. The squirrel went in, took the food and left without tripping the mechanism. We tried peanut butter. The squirrel went in, licked it all off (we could see the little tongue prints!) and left without tripping the mechanism. I finally got the idea to glue some gerbil food to the little tray with the peanut butter. The squirrel tried to pull off the feed and wound up tripping the mechanism.

That had to be the angriest animal I have ever seen. Poor little thing scolded us all the way to the park.