Saturday, February 28, 2009

How To Be Unstoppable

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston


click to veiw picture
Today Andy, Rocky and I headed out to join Coach LeClair and the Mt. Wilson training group for their Saturday morning run.
Rocky Had never been up the trail so todays goal was to a rock that Andy and I call our special rock. We go to pray when were together or alone. We just love this rock.
We started just ahead of the group. We made it up in around 35 min. Rocky did awesome..It was a beautiful warm day. Rocky ran a lot of the trail which is great considering his body is long and his legs are short. He may not look like a runner. But he sure holds his own out on the trail. Remember trailrunners come in all shapes and sizes.

We made it back down and took Rocky home, we had a 9am date to run with two Bill's. We all met up in front of Lucky's. Our plan was to head up to the Manzanita ridge and back down. The Bills were here for the Belgium beer festival and wanted to sample some of the yummy beers. We headed back down 15 min. before our turn around because Bill Ramsey had plans later in the day. But first he wanted to have enough time to enjoy a couple beers.
We were all fine with the plan.
Out on the trail we ran into Carmella, Dean and Ben all doing a training run. It's always great when I see my SoCal friends.
I was dreaming of a smoothie as we headed back. I ended up getting a tropical sunrise. It was yummy.
Andy and Rocky are taking a nap right now. And I am going to join them.
Tonight we are going to the opening of a play called A Flea in her ear. One of Andy's Coworkers is in the play. I will write a reveiw on it later.
I'm not sure what Andy has planed for tomorrow but it's a surprise. He will head back up north with me and fly back home Monday morning. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
The weather is awesome her in Sierra Madre. Gotta be close to 80.

5 comments:

Hone said...

I met Andy at the HURT. Everytime time we passed each other on the trail we would call out each others names and encourage each other forward.

At the cermony the next night I was talking to him in the bathroom and totally forgot his name. I felt like an idiot.

He seems like a super cool guy and it looks like he really cares about you.

Shannon said...

80 degrees sounds awesome! I'm looking at my Virginia weather of a high of 39.6 degrees today!

Can't wait for the review of the play.

mindful mule said...

Any chance you and/or Andy and/or Rocky are planning to run the Mt Wilson Trail race in May? I know it's a bit on the short side for y'all (except maybe Rocky) but it's a pretty fun time...

mrjwhit~ said...

Smoking hot running shoes! You write such great run reports.

Unknown said...

Anyone care to send me some Cali weather? I'm trying to think positive here, but I'm too frozen to be. It was 12 degrees when I started out on my run today.

Looks like you guys had fun.