Sunday, February 22, 2009

Faith is Knowing One of Two Things....

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.
Edward Teller

I just recently started reading up on Orbs. I often get them in my pictures. I like to believe they are my Angels watching over me. I know many people don't believe in things like this and that's ok. I have them in many of my pictures. Day, night sunny, rainy or cloudy doesn't matter the Orbs have been showing up in my pictures for years..... I can't explain it....

What are Orbs????

Orbs are pale and circular anomalies, sample right, that have been linked with the paranormal.

Orbs can be of any color, but are typically off white, can be any shape, but are usually circular. They can appear crisp or fuzzy, in isolation, multiples or clusters.

Orbs, properly, are seen on stills photographs (usually from digital cameras) or on nightshot camcorder footage since the mid 1990s. Various circular light anomalies have been seen with the naked eye, but these have little to do with 'orbs' (see your questions answered).

Orbs range in size within a photograph/screen but they tend to appear smaller than 1/10th diameter of the photo frame. Also, orbs tend to be seen in 'haunted place' - hence why people think they are paranormal - but there are very specific reasons for this (see your questions answered).

I decided to sleep in today and just run 10+ miles on the Alameda creek/Quarry lakes. I needed to rest since I only slept like 4 hours the day before. My legs felt good. I am feeling strong and am excited about running C2M 100m.
It rained a little but mostly just sprinkled a bit.
There were very few people out on a Sunday but maybe the rain kept them in.


Rocky and I will be doing a road trip to Sierra Madre on Thursday afternoon. I hope to get a few good trail runs up on the Mt. Wilson area trails. Should be fun. Hopefully the weather is nice so Rocky can do a 3 miler on the trails while we're there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband doesn't believe in orbs but I do. They seem to show up on my photos are times or places of significance.

My mother has a photo taken recently and there are hundred of orbs in it - amazing.

Snakebite said...

You have nice "orbs!" ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid they're not orbs, they're examples of lens flare.

http://www.assap.org/newsite/htmlfiles/Lens%20flare%20and%20orbs.html