Thursday, February 19, 2009

Personality vs. Character

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.

Today I took Rocky out for a run as used him during a crossfit wod. We both have fun doing it. I can tell he does for sure.
We ran 3 miles and did 50-40-30-20-10 squats,lunges, push-ups, handstand p-ups and Burpees.
It took around 48 min.
I wanted to take it easy today since tomorrow we will be running the Ohlone 100k.
I hope everyone gets to enjoy there weekend since it looks to be nice weather in Cali. anyway.
I often think how lucky I am Rocky picked me. I adopted him from a small breed rescue place. He came up to me and he was barking like crazy and agreesive. I couldn't even pet him. It took him a couple minutes but he fell for me and I feel for him. We have been together for 5 years. He is really the best little four legged friend.

The call of destiny is strong, so follow what you know to be right and true. If you ask the universe for help, inspiration or guidance be assured that it will be supplied. Persevere with the sure knowledge that what will ultimately transpire will be, not only as good as you think, but will in fact be much better than expected. Have faith in the future, your long-term goals will surely be fulfilled. Remember though that it is the power of commitment that makes it so, not just idly wishing.
© Stephen Haynes

5 comments:

Ultradawg said...

Rocky is great but mostly, thanks for taking in a rescue dog. I have 2 rescue German Shepherds and the youngest is the true Ultradawg at ultradawg.blogger.com

There's something special about rescues and I know they never forget what someone does for them. And they do so much for us.

Unknown said...

That is so cool.
I think there is definitely a reason why dogs pick their owners and vise versa.
My big pup was meant to be mine.

As far as doing CF at home, anytime I do Burpees, or jump ropes he thinks it's time to knock me down.
No way could I squat a 105 lb Lab.

Snakebite said...

Rocky is cool. He always looks stoned, though. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'.....

Catra said...

Hey Snakebite maybe I work the little guy to hard ;)

Anonymous said...

If you have a chance, pick up "Merle's Door." It's a pretty cool read about dogs and the people they choose to live with. Kind of turned my head around about my favorite running partners.

Thanks for your writing, Catra. You're a constant source of inspiration.