Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One Kind Action Leads to Another

No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves. Amelia Earhart
I'm not fast but my new shoes are ;) This is my second pair of adidas adizero's and I love em..The new color is bright yellow a very happy color makes me think of the sun.. I didn't have a whole bunch of time before crossfit so I thought why not just go as fast as I can for 10k..Well my PR is 43 min. I only know because I have only run 2 10k races. It was on a hilly course even, but it was back when I was 18 pounds lighter, 13 years younger and I was a road marathon runner.
I usually run my 10k times on Alameda creek trail in 50 min. when I push hard.
I just look at my watch and go. Today I wanted to push to see what I could do..No camera no phone just my gps and a hand held bottle and my MP3.
I'm happy to say i ran it in 45 min. My right knee is hurting a little from running hard. Just not use to it. But we should try getting better at things we don't like and running, short and fast is something I don't like. I will continue working on it.
I wanna start training with coach Will who is training for the crossfit games so if I run short and fast with him I will get better.
I took the pictures after I recovered for 10 min. I did feel a little sick after. I did a short 1.5 easy recovery run then went to crossfit.
I did Angie today since it was a rest day we can pick what we want. I didn't do rx pull-ups I did jumping. My new goal is no more jumping pull-ups. If I can do only one kip at a time that's what I need to do. Coach Will really helped me by talking with me and now I want to get my kipping pull-ups down.
I was doing great but when I stopped going to one world for a few months and crossfitted at home I didn't do pull-ups.
I also hurt my neck when I didn't dump the weight one day. That set me back for a bit. But now it's time to get with it and face my weakness.
I hope you all have a great day.
"ANGIE"
100 pull-ups(jumping)
100 push ups
100 sit-ups
100 squats
(9:41)

12 comments:

darlingella said...

HI! I just stumbled onto your blog. You are AMAZING!! Would you mind sharing how you got into ultra running? I used to love running as a teen and did my first marathon 3 years ago but now I can barely run 2 miles without feeling like I'm going to die. You are truly an inspiration to all!

Shannon said...

Definitely looking into CrossFit for 2010 training. :) Inspired by you of course.

Stuart said...

Good stuff, speedwork hurts but it's really rewarding in the long term...who knows maybe there's a new 10K PR round the corner.

Call it fate but the word verification was "wings" looks like you found yours!

Unknown said...

I tried to do Angie one day and got a huge reality check. I was thankful it was in my garage and there were no witnesses.
I've been working on my kipping pull-ups too since I am sick of not being able to do the prescribed workout without bands or jumping.

Kellie said...

Hey Catra, got your note, thanks!

I'll either be there or at the Academy on Saturday morning. Just depends on my running schedule for the rest of the week - which is still being worked out.

Hopefully we'll hook up either way. How long are you in town?

Mountain Goat said...

wow Catra, 45 mins is very good for your 10k! I had to fight like heck to get 48 at the Firecracker 10k in Chinatown Feb 8. It is a hilly course, so I think I could do a little better on a flatter one.

Many distance runners are discovering that "faster in the short means faster in the long." Read "Everyone's Guide to Distance Running by Norrie Willamson a very famous and FAST distance runner. PAGE 10.

Stay strong and keep getting faster.

Catra said...

hey Darlingella-
I started running after I got clean and sober. Ran 1 10k and went right into marathons. Did that for 2 years until I met some crazy people who ran ultras. Ran 2 50ks 2 50 milers and my first 100 miler all within a few months from running my first ultra. I got hooked and it became my new drug of choice which is a good choice.
Why can't you run did you not run for a while??? Start back slowly and build up.. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Just build up and run walk your 2 miles for a couple weeks until you get strong again.
Have a great day.

Catra said...

Hey Shannon-
You look awesome now..crossfit will just make you stronger girl.

Catra said...

Hey Stuart-
How cool on the word vera. thanks ;)

Yeah, I will work on being faster, it sure is work.
I do feel trashed today but I think "Angie" did it to me.

Catra said...

Nick-
It took me 1 year before I could do a darn kip pull-up or any pull-up for that matter. I broke my ulna a few years back and it took a lot of work to get it strong. Some days it bothers me. I plan on just sucking it up and doing one at a time if I have to.
Keep it up

Catra said...

Cool Kell hope to see you.

Catra said...

Hope I feel trashed today...But it was worth it. I do feel like "Angie" had something to do with it.

Hope to see you this weekend.
I will check out that book. Thanks girlie..