Thursday, February 28, 2008

Kat Von D and Catra C at Musink tattoo and music convention.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Tattooed girls showing some ink
Me doing a photo shoot in front of the Longway music booth with the Longway girls.
Me in front of the judges for the best overall female tattoo competition. Striker from love lines is to the right holding the mic. Nope I didn't win but was told I should of won. The girl that won had an amazing back piece.

Fun and games in SoCal. I was visiting Andy in Sierra Madrea. Of course I had a blast. We had so much fun just doing whatever we wanted. The tattoo convention was a blast. I was the second most photographed person there next to Kat Von D of course. I felt like I was famous in a weird sort of way. Someone would stop me and ask to get there picture taken with me and the next thing I know I would have 5 other people waiting to get a picture with me too. It was like that most of the day. Poor Andy he was such a good sport holding my purse and jacket every time.
Andy you're the best ;)

ZEN CARD OF THE DAY: REFLECTION
WHEN THE POND IS STILL, THE REFLECTION IS CLEAR. WHEN THE MIND IS STILL, THE REFLECTION OF LIFE IS CLEAR. REFLECTION BRINGS CLARITY.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Ha ha! LOVE the wackiness!!! I think, in some odd way, I'm living vicariously through you. My life just seems so boring next to yours. Your blog is just so fun and interesting.

mrsmommyb said...

hi. saw your comment on the cf one world site and thought i'd check things out. LOVE the ink! i always wanted to get my back finished but it never happened.

anywho, i was curious...what's ultra running. seems to me it's running a TON of miles. one of the trainers at diablo cf is an ultra runner i think...sarah aka ultra sarah. =]

sakura

Anonymous said...

Awesome job showing off the tattoos!!!

Sounds liek a balst.
YOu will be proud I am on my 5th crossfit WOD tonight WOOO!!!!

Catra said...

Hi Sakura-
I do ultramarathons which are race's of over 26.2 miles.
I mainly run 50 mile and 100 mile races.
I do train high mileage 80-120 miles per week.
I am actually working with Brian MacKenzie on less running and more crossfit at an intense level.
He believes you do not have to run high mileage to complete 50 or 100 mile races.
I run high mileage be cause I love being out in the wilderness.
What's Sarah's Last name?? Not sure if i know her.
Catra

Catra said...

Michelle that's awesome.
Hey I'm doing a run out of auburn next friday from the damn overlook it's 40 miles but if you want you could make it shorter.
Let me know if you can make it.
Catra

Anonymous said...

Damn. I work Fridays...we need to get out to Ohlone and hit the course....

We will make plans for a run soon.

Are you doing AR50?

Anonymous said...

Catra,
I come by your site every day. I have to say when the page opened, my jaw literally dropped. Just unbelievably amazing, powerful, and just wow. Thanks for that.

JP

mrsmommyb said...

catra-

it's sarah dillingham. she's got awesome ink too. haven't seen her in a while though as she just had a baby. super cool chick.

wow. that's a ton of mileage. how's that on your knees? i run like a 1.5mi and my knees start to ache...seriously need to figure out POSE.

Jen said...

I'm so jealous that you got to meet Kat Von D! i have a huge crush on her!
Jen
www.jensgym.blogspot.com