Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yesterday I went to Great America with my friend "Fast Jerry". He got free tickets from his work and asked me if I wanted to go. It had been a couple years so I was due to ride some Rollercoasters. I love Rollorcoasters! I don't care for most other rides especially the ones that just go in circles. They give me a headache.
The lines really were not that bad. We saw a few other Ultrarunner friends there. It's nice to see other runners outside of a race.
I think my favorite ride was really not a ride, but it was a 3D Sponge Bob square pants movie where you actually had to put a seat belt on because your seat moved around. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. It was so funny. I remembered back ,as I looked around at all the kids with their parents especially the ones with their Dads. I thought how my Dad loved doing stuff with me like that when I was little. I had flash backs of us having fun like that.
I thought of him a lot yesterday because it was the 25 anniversary of his death. I remembered all the fun we had when I was little ,and was a bit sad of all the fun we have missed out on for the past 25 years. I know in my heart he is with me watching and laughing at me going she's 42 and sure knows how to have fun. My Dad taught me that it's ok to let your inner child live on the outside, and not keep it in.
He was like a big kid himself always joking around with me.
I sure do miss him, but I make sure everyday that I celebrate the short time I had with him.

8 comments:

Snakebite said...

I would have never guessed we are the same age. I would have guessed you much younger.

Catra said...

Hey Snakebite thanks! I think it's all the running and healthy eating ;)
Catra

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra-
This is totally off topic, but I wanted to know more about the Master Cleanse you do???

Anonymous said...

Hey Catra,
Boomer and I would LOVE to join you on a run sometime. Less than ten miles would be good. The more I read about you, I realize how much we have in common. It's quite amazing actually. I run very minimal compared to you. I average 30 miles a week. I enjoy half-marathons. However, your endurance level has peaked my interest. I have the time to run more, I just need motivation. I'm serious about joining you on a run though. Contact me at jojomc250@aol.com if you'd like.
~Jo Lynn

I am a runner. "We are what we repeatedly do" said...

Hey girl, Looks like you are well on your way to PCT rocking shape! Keep up the weight workouts and keep up the blog. Take care

Catra said...

Hey Anon-
It's a 10 day cleanse. There is a book you can get called the Master cleanser. It's a great way to cleanse your body. I suggest everyone do it 4 times a year.
Catra

Catra said...

Hi Jo lynn-
I would love to run with you two.
I will get a hold of you. This week I'm running 75 miles through the Ohlone wilderness on Friday.
I will see if we can hook up next week.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Greg-
Thanks! I will...hopefully you will be coming back soon so you don't have to run in circles anymore ;)
Catra