Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Let the beauty you love be what you do.
We often blind ourselves to beauty precisely because it inspires us to go beyond ourselves. Today, find only beauty, especially when your first instinct is to be critical of someone, something or some opportunity.
I saw Jo Lynn and Boomer on the top of Mission Peak on my run. Jo Lynn is training for her first ultra she will be running Skyline to the sea in September.
Feeling strong and having fun in the heat!
I have found many strange things on the trails through the years. This is a first, a shoe for a horse(not a horse shoe) but a shoe with a velcro strap. It had a bottom like a trail shoe. Hmm Maybe it's a trail shoe for horse's. Never even saw one on a horse. Poor horse is missing his trail shoe ;)
That's Mt. Diablo in the background. The air quality is very bad can't even see diablo.

Crossfit wod-
500 ab mat sit-ups for time.
9:10:12

5 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Yup, that's me -- training for my first ultra. With your guidance and encouragement, I'm sure I'll do great!
Hugs,
~Jo Lynn

Catra said...

I'm thinking of signing up and running the whole way with you.
Gotta see if I can afford it ;)
If I'm around I will at least come out to chair you on.
We will run next week for sure and after TRT 100 we should do a 25 mile training run. Slow and fun!
Love ya lots,
Catra

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I trim horses and that horse shoe actually looks to be the remains of a horse boot - they're used to protect the feet of trail horses who don't wear regular steele or aluminum shoes and otherwise go "bare foot". The boots keep they're little tootsies from getting bruised - but only if they stay on!
Love your blog.

*Ultra*Rockstar* said...

Oooo I like the WOD, I still need a abmat.....I have a makeshift one in my garage "crossfit" central lol

Anonymous said...

What you found is an "easy boot," a shoe you put on a horse when they lose their regular shoe. Prevents lameness. They sometimes come off if they're not put on properly or if it's muddy.