Saturday, January 12, 2008

For 8 years I have been wanting to run over the Dumbarton bridge and back. Today I did, I did run over the bridge and back. I have driven back and forth over that bridge for the last 8 years working in Palo Alto.
Today was my last long run before HURT 100. I wanted to run 15 miles, so Mike and I laced up our running shoes, and went out on a mini adventure. We started at Don Edwards preserve. We ran all the way to the end of the pier, which use to be the old road to the bridge back in the day. There were lot's of people fishing.
We then ran back and headed up and over the bridge to Menlo Park and back.
The weather was awesome.

Mike & Catra kicking up their heels along the levee.
Me pointing out where we are heading up to the bridge...WOO HOO!!!
Don't worry, I wasn't planning on jumping . Just posing that's all ;)
Happy camper I am. After all these years I did it!!!! I ran over the stinking bridge. Thanks Mikey for coming out.
You should always make time do what you love. I love climbing and when I see something to climb, I'm on it!!!!

Persevere and direct your energy towards your goals. If you do this and truly believe in what you’re trying to achieve you will be given the power to succeed. Sometimes obstacles should be seen as a test - pass the test and overcome the obstacles and success will be in your grasp. If you are feeling challenged right now examine whether it is due to misunderstandings or perhaps a mistrust. Opportunities will arise to resolve your situations. © Stephen Haynes

8 comments:

Tom said...

Catra; Good luck on the HURT 100 I see the web site has a live feed, I'll try to watch, should be easy to pick you out!!
Tom

Jeffro said...

I'm not very fond of being on bridges. Good luck at HURT.

Steve Ansell said...

When I worked in Redwood City I used to bike over the bridge. I haven't run over it yet though I have run all along the levees. Very cool. Good luck at HURT. I'll likely be doing loops on Mission Peak thinking of you guys out there. Have a great race!

Anonymous said...

Rock on at HURT! Hey I sent you a message on my apce about the FFASA50K

Catra said...

Hey tom thank you so much...LOL, yeah I do stand out ;)
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Jeffro-
Thanks. Running over the bridge wasn't that bad.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Steve you should run over it someday just for fun!
Thanks I will need all the positive vibes and luck at HURT 100. I love this race.
Catra

Rob said...

Its not the bridge that used to annoy me about that, it was the path after the bridge heading into fremont before hitting coyote hills that used to drive me nuts (Especially as I was usually riding without headphones).

Major props also on your tri-fit workout, I just started a new weight workout for improving my biking and it kicked my A$$. Once again you've earned a ton of respect even more in my book. :)