Saturday, January 05, 2008

Crossfit at home with Rocky.
I decided to do a wod at home I used Rocky for my squats. He enjoyed it. I also used him for my ab mat sit-ups.
Rocky having fun.
Mirror image of myself.
Rose Peak and Sunol wilderness with snow. Taken from my run on Alameda creek/Quarry lakes trail today.
Me rock'n out with fresh new downloads to my MP3 from my friend Bob who's a myspace friend. He made me some awesome mixes for my upcoming races. Without really knowing me he nailed what I like. Thanks Bob.
Got lucky waited for a break in the storm and ran 10 miles with no rain.
"Take all opportunities to break old habits and old patterns as this is a time of rebirth and re-invention. Sometimes patterns are hard to change so perhaps the easier way to is to discard them altogether. Certainly there will be mini-endings and beginnings around this time, so don’t hold onto the past, allow new situations to be drawn to you and to flourish. Evolution, like the passage of time, is not within our control. So go with the flow and allow yourself to be guided.
© Stephen Haynes"

9 comments:

Snakebite said...

"I used Rocky for my squats"

Lucky puppy!!!

Anonymous said...

Vivir como el pavo real. Muy bien senorita.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Catra! It's a late wish because I've been away a while, but I wanted to tell you (again - I first commented about two months ago, but I read your blog regularly even when I don't comment) that you're an inspiration and that I hope you have a joyful, love-filled, peaceful, energetic (and everything you want it to be) new year!

Anonymous said...

Whoops - didn't mean to make that comment Anon. My name is Sarah (I think I said Sarah C. last time).

HERC DRIVER said...

I'm afraid I'd probably break my back if I tried to use my lab Cisco to do that!! :)

Hope You're having a great weekend!!

Namaste,

Tom

Travis said...

I see you are rockin' some Vasque Blur's.. I just got a pair myself and I'm digging em! Are planning on hitting the McNaughton 150 this year?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Scenery! I found your site through your CF New year's Res. Post - amazing goals, best of luck!

Mickey O'Neil
Southern Killafornia

Catra said...

Hey Travis-
Yeah, I just got the Blurs..Luv em!
I have run in Montrails since 2000 and was on the team from 2001 until they just dropped all but 15 runners. And 2009 there will be no more team at all.
Since I work at REI I thought I need to try other brands so I can form an opinion. Hated Salamons!!!
I would have to say the Blurs are close to feeling like my Hardrocks but a little lighter.
I of course still love Montrail shoes but I'm having issues with them falling apart on me. They changed manufacturing plants in China. I still get Pro deal which is nice. So far the Vasques are great.
As for the 150 miler I need to see how my schedule looks and course there's the money thing. I will be gone for 3 months again and that cost a lot to be away.
Catra

Travis said...

I agree on the Vasque Blur side of things. Close to the same fit, but close to the ground and not as rigid. They seem to be working for me as the Montrail stability shoes (Cont Divide) were a little to tall and stiff and I rolled my ankle a few too many times. I figured it was time to try something new out too.

I hear you on the money thing. The good news is, if you can get to the event, its cheap. It's not too expensive to stay in middle of nowhere Illinois. I should know, I grew up around there. :)